1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bing or Google?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by onasejaz, Oct 29, 2014.

Hi All Frinds!

What's the difference? (I would prefer facts rather than opinions.)

Thanks!

Regards
    Onas

onasejaz, Oct 29, 2014 IP
  2. wanessmark

wanessmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    I personally like both Google and Bing. Bing has a better presentation with a nice filtering system. Bing images is also very nice as you don't have to go page to page to see new images, you simply scroll down. Shopping on Bing is also a lot easier. Google of course, is the search engine powerhouse. It works well and has pretty much been the search engine staple for the past decade.

It's mostly a matter of personal preference.

wanessmark, Nov 23, 2014 IP
  3. rlymike

rlymike Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google is definitely a more robust search experience. However, I prefer Bing Maps' interface.

rlymike, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  4. leonidus1981

leonidus1981 Banned

Best Answers:
    It is such unclear question! What do you mean? Better for what? For making money? For looking catpics? For advertising? For watching videos? For maps/streetviews?
    Can you be more specific?

leonidus1981, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  5. gentilly

gentilly Member

Best Answers:
    It really depends on what you are hoping to achieve... As leonidus1981 said its an unclear question

gentilly, Dec 1, 2014 IP
  6. 000karim

000karim Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd love if everyone start using it cause my websites are praticly ranked in every first page there while they are at second or third on google,
    the main difference is google is used by 90% of users

000karim, Dec 4, 2014 IP
  7. Saulkaroo

Saulkaroo Active Member

Best Answers:
    The difference between Bing and Google: Both are really different from each other, apart from one similarity that's both are Search engines. Google is the most popular search engine while bing provides quality results to its users. I think it's better if you will use both of them and understand the differences.

Saulkaroo, Dec 5, 2014 IP
  8. Ray209

Ray209 Peon

Best Answers:
    On a sidenote, did anyone else notice Bing's popularity seemed to rise in leaps and bounds ever since Skype added a mandatory "Search with Bing" option?

Ray209, Dec 8, 2014 IP
  9. amiman

amiman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Also as Microsoft now own Nokia phones more people will use Bing as it is the phones default search engine

amiman, Jan 7, 2015 IP
  10. valexer06

valexer06 Member

Best Answers:
    IF you mean which is the better search engine then I would go with google. Simple, Fast, Accurate.

valexer06, Jan 15, 2015 IP
  11. komrad

komrad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google. Period.

komrad, Jan 15, 2015 IP
  12. Caden

Caden Member

Best Answers:
    Google, Most definitely. Some websites Bing doesn't even think exist.

Caden, Jan 15, 2015 IP
  13. Adrian235

Adrian235 Member

Best Answers:
    You wanted facts. Because of this, here are the facts you should know: http://searchengineland.com/google-slightly-bing-yahoo-october-comscore-search-report-209459
    At the same time, consider the fact that Bing is almost non-existent in Europe and other continents, with Google being far superior. If we factor in mobile searches, the numbers go up towards Google. Bing is basically forced in on many Windows users. At the same time, if you stay focused on a Google SEO approach, you will inevitably start gaining traffic from Bing and Yahoo ;)

Adrian235, Jan 15, 2015 IP
  14. perfectpoint

perfectpoint Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google, just like many have already said, is definitely the way to go just because the higher user base = higher traffic results. Now I would like to mention that it all really depends on your strategy though and if you're trying to sell a actual product or make money from ppc. I've personally had some successful Clickbank projects because I targeted Bing instead of Google, but only because it was campaign specific. For Example: My main keyword that I wanted to target had 2900 exact searches in Google with 81,000 competitor results but only a total of 410 exact searches in Bing. I started to build up links and traffic but never really had a high ranking success rate with Google, however Bing instantly pushed me to page one due to my keyword rich content. Obviously it wasn't the big amount of traffic that I was hoping for but it was very targeted traffic which converted into actual sales. Ranking high for a competitive keyword in google can be good but why invest all the time/money if I can get the same result by ranking easier in Bing for 3 lower keywords and combine the traffic?

Also sometimes its nice that most Bing traffic is U.S. traffic only. Especially if youre trying to make money through cpa offers that only pay out for U.S. traffic ;)

perfectpoint, Jan 16, 2015 IP
  15. John Osel O. Diaz

John Osel O. Diaz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google is the best dude. No one ever says to Yahoo or Bing something. Everyone says Google it. So go Google it.

John Osel O. Diaz, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  16. Bestservices4u

Bestservices4u Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google has huge visitors and user base. But bing is catching up fast. Bing is the 2nd largest search engine from Google.

Bestservices4u, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  17. King Manu

King Manu Active Member

Best Answers:
    talking from a webmaster point of view, this is not even a competition .

i got 31% organic search traffic and bing is only 3% from that amount.
    Not to mention that it took it months to index all my website even if i sent a sitemap to bing webmaster. So, bing is kind of sleeping in their shoes.
    No wonder G still the best

King Manu, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  18. Ross L

Ross L Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    While I cannot personally get on with Bing, so always use Google, I've started focusing a lot more on getting my sites indexed with Bing. The only reason for this is that I understand that the iPhone and iPad now use Bing as the default search engine and I assume a lot of the less tech savvy wouldn't change the default search provider.

Ross L, Feb 20, 2015 IP
  19. Martin Bariak

Martin Bariak Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on what state you're located in - if it has any sense to optimize your site with Bing, of course you won't optimize it if there is no use of Bing in the state/country you're located in. BTW, Yahoo is powered by Bing technology, so it's using almost same ranking factors, keep it in mind when optimizing :)

Martin Bariak, Feb 21, 2015 IP
  20. besttool2016

besttool2016 Member

Best Answers:
    Do you mean Google ads or Bing ads? If you asking which one is better for advertising purpose, then it would be Google. It is because Google has number 1 spot in the worldwide in terms of traffic it is having as per shown in the Alexa website. Alexa website can be used to check how much traffic a particular site is having and what is the ranking.

besttool2016, Jan 17, 2016 IP