1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bing looks nice, but what about it is better than google?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by gotwork, Nov 7, 2009.

How is bing better than google? It just has a prettier layout. Any advice on how it is more useful and how to use it best?

gotwork, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  2. topman

topman Peon

Best Answers:
    Obviously it has better features, at leat to me, but the problem is that we all got used to google

1.Autosuggest - Search suggestions as user types query
    2.Quick view preview feature – Displays preview of page when mouse pointer hovers over result.
    3.Best Match – Bing determines what the best match is for your search query and features it at the top. The rest of the results are hidden so the focus is on the best match. Bing does this when it is very confident about what you are looking for. For example, the search for “UPS” features UPS.com and even has a box to enter a tracking code.
    4.Instant Answers - One-click access to the information listed in the search results. For example, you can enter a flight number and Bing will return the estimated arrival time. You can also type in “traffic” and see what the traffic is like based your geographic location.
    5.Deep Links - Deep Links enable users to see inside the site without having to click into it and learn a new site structure.
    6.Bing Maps - These maps for Enterprise are actually Virtual Earth, Microsoft’s mapping platform
    7.Bing Travel Rate Key - comparison of the Hotel’s the location, price and amenities will be represented in color coded manner
    8.XRank – See what’s popular in the world. XRank provides instant information about the most popular web searches by combining data of raw web searches and Bing’s ranking formula.
    9.Categorized Search – Helps users organize their search by increasing the authority and diversity of results. Bing can group results by category. For instance, a city term may include weather, airport, restaurant, and hotel groups. Celebrity web groups may include pictures, clips, biography and music.
    10.Quick Tabs – Offers easy access to web groups displayed as a panel of the left. Clicking on one will result in a refined query.
    11.Related Searches – Displays related search queries.
    12.Session History – Provides access to previous search queries in the last 48 hours. Users can also save search queries in a folder on their local computer for future use.
    13.Enhanced Video Experience – Users will have a more comprehensive way to search for video. For instance, a user can search for full-length episodes across multiple sites like YouTube and Hulu.
    14.Bing Shopping – Users can search for products and sort them by price, brand, or rating. You can also search for products that provide cashback.
    15.Bing Local – Bing Local provides the user with tools to help make informed decisions on user reviews, menus, hours of operation, and traffic reports. A scorecard rates local businesses on certain criteria based on past customers.
    16.Bing Travel – Offers insight into ticket prices by using Bing Search Farecast and historical data to predict the rise and fall of ticket prices, comparing them against over 100 travel sites. Bing will also alert you to special deals broken out into criteria like weekend trips, record low prices, or flights to family destinations. You can also search for detailed flight information broken down by airport, time of day, or duration. Finally, searchers can search for hotel information such as rates in a detailed manner like they can for flights.

17.Bing Health - Bing Health provides the searcher with access to medical information from trusted medical resources, including the Mayo Clinic, the American Cancer Society and MedlinePlus. The user will also have easy access to information on symptoms, diagnosis and medical procedures, as well as issues related to drugs and substances, personal health and alternative medicine.
    18.Bing Mobile – Is available in two versions. One for online access via the browser and the other as a downloadable application. Both versions excel with local searches and mapping.
    19.Bing Toolbars – An easily customized toolbar that integrates with a user’s browser. Can alert the user to any new cashback deals or offers when the come available.
    20.Improved Visual Presentation – Bing has a more seamless visual presentation than live search. It is much less cluttered.

topman, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  3. gadjr

gadjr Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks topman for your informative reply. how about the algorithm? which one give you better results? i mean the serp

gadjr, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  4. topman

topman Peon

Best Answers:
    As we all know they have diffrent algorithm but we also know that they both have same goal, giving users the best results, but I think its all about getting used to, I can get same results in Bing but the problem is that ppl got used to google , why ppl and everywhere say "Google it" I like this one , coz google knew what to do

topman, Nov 8, 2009 IP
    SCLocal likes this.
  5. 70Cents

70Cents Peon

Best Answers:
    Bing is better for fancy features different from search.

Search is done better by Google

70Cents, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  6. ska_defender

ska_defender Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes Google is simple and handy

ska_defender, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  7. conceptskateboarding

conceptskateboarding Peon

Best Answers:
    I like bing but google is #1 for me.

conceptskateboarding, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  8. fireboat

fireboat Active Member

Best Answers:
    TopMan - Good post, but sorry... You didn't convince me yet. Google does many of the things on your list (autosuggest, instant answers to some types of queries, related searches, deep links, maps, etc.) And some of the other features you mentioned, like Bing Shopping, Bing Health, and Bing Toolbars aren't really that cool, IMO.

Google is still the best search engine IMO. Simpler is better.

fireboat, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  9. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    BING Compared to Google is pretty new lets see if they capture the market.. specially once windows 7 reaches the people

Bohra, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  10. topman

topman Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes , who says google isn't the best, yes it is , but Im sure if it was Bing (during these years) you would say same thing about that, as I told you before the problem is that ppl got used to google, Im completely Microsoftian but I use google every mins

topman, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  11. salsan

salsan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bing looks good but performance wise is poor. Google is the only search engine is giving very clear result. and google has its good classic look also.

salsan, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  12. rukn2002

rukn2002 Peon

Best Answers:
    it looks nice, but takes a little bit more time to load the page.

rukn2002, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  13. dbinto

dbinto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    maybe some people just like the pictures. Seriously. I've found some results are more accurate but it depends on the subject.

dbinto, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  14. himoacs

himoacs Peon

Best Answers:
    Idk ...i am just too used to google...i love the appearance...a pretty background on the homepage just doesn't work for me...and as far as the search results go, google is great for me.

himoacs, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  15. 500ml

500ml Peon

Best Answers:
    Just Bing it

Bing is not for everyone
    Bing is for the top 1% , those who want to experience more relevant results from what a search has to offer
    Google is for the rest

500ml, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  16. coolbluesapphire

coolbluesapphire Peon

Best Answers:
    Based upon what factual evidence?

coolbluesapphire, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  17. coolbluesapphire

coolbluesapphire Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting list. I believe Google covers most of those items though. Bing has just applied new window dressing to it IMHO.

coolbluesapphire, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  18. Black Fire

Black Fire Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's image search is superior to google's.

Black Fire, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  19. janspter43

janspter43 Peon

Best Answers:
    I thin Google is better and I prefer to use google over Bing.

janspter43, Nov 17, 2009 IP
  20. cecille20

cecille20 Peon

Best Answers:
    It just has a prettier layout! :D Google still the best and trusted by many..

cecille20, Nov 17, 2009 IP