1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bill Gates 3rd richest in 2008.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cinta April, May 25, 2008.

1. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I know I'm number 2, but who is number 1?

usasportstraining, May 28, 2008 IP
    buffalo likes this.
  2. Dreads

Dreads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    doesnt he play for the blue jays

Anyhow.. Bill Gates and M$ have a big future still.. yet 4 out the 10 on the list were born in India..

1/3 of all the people on the lits were born in usa.
    1/100 of all the people were born in uk

Thats something to look at.. i figure in about 100 years.. india/russia/china will be owning that list :p

Dreads, May 28, 2008 IP
  3. ant1611

ant1611 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes Bill Gates might be 3rd now, but he was the richest man in the world for many years.. longer than any other CEO... so I think he's the most successful man in business history. Period. :>) :p

ant1611, May 28, 2008 IP
  4. Birdy1337

Birdy1337 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's amazing that people still think Bill Gates is the richest in the world.

Birdy1337, May 28, 2008 IP
  5. matrixx

matrixx Guest

Best Answers:
    Bill Gates is quite "average" in the all time ranking of rich people. Rockefeller at number one, would be worth over $350 Billion in 2008 money. Compare that to Bills' $58 Billion! I think Bill Gates was number 11 or something after the likes of Henry Ford, Vanderbilt, Astor, Carnegie, JP Morgan etc.

matrixx, May 28, 2008 IP
  6. f2t

f2t Peon

Best Answers:
    Bill Gates is only 3rd richest...So, maybe a career in computers isn't good after all.

f2t, May 28, 2008 IP
  7. Trusted Writer

Trusted Writer Banned

Best Answers:
    My bet is Carlos Slim, as he was past year :)

I really admire Bill's new facet as I consider it will be pretty hard unlink his name away from the inepts currently managing Microsoft... ermmm... I mean ITs

Trusted Writer, May 28, 2008 IP
  8. Bentz12

Bentz12 Peon

Best Answers:
    i always thought he was the richest

Bentz12, May 29, 2008 IP
  9. Radz

Radz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Whats the No of Google.com's Owner???
    Edit: Got it, they are at 32.33

Radz, May 29, 2008 IP
  10. waziuz

waziuz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi there,

I would just like to contradict your point regarding the Indian wealthiest persons.

LN Mittal was a normal middle class person when he left India around 30 years ago for the first time to London where he established his steel company later on.

Ambani brothers have inherited the wealth of their father but their father Dhirubhai Ambani was a poor newspaper hawker and petrol pump filling boy.... he used his brains and established his business and grew it

Kushpal Singh was a normal real estate person but later on his DLF became popular with the increase of property prices of areas like Gurgaon

So, Indian wealthiest persons have not inherited their wealth but made it by their own ability especially Mittal and Ambanis

And the Mittal brothers combined own more wealth than the Walton family who owns Walmart. Ambanis are the owners of the famous Reliance group of companies in India.

But still I believe Warren Buffet is the most genuine and humble of all those wealthy people. He still lives in a three bedroom house and drives his own car and lives like a normal person though he is the wealthiest in the world. He is more interested in charity and doing something for humanity.

waziuz, May 29, 2008 IP
  11. matrixx

matrixx Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi,

There was nothing middle class about Mittal when he came to London. His father Mohan Mittal was a steel magnate who set up his Ispat steel firm in the 1950s. He came to London as the son of a Billionaire in todays money. I and many in this forum could also turn $1 Billion to $40Billion in 30 years.

Indeed their father was poor, but they were not. They inherited their wealth from their father who built the company. I admire their father, but not them.

You can read about Kushal P Singh's businesses practices here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K.P._Singh
    Nothing to admire in my opinion. He too joined a family real estate firm and built it up. What he has done is mainly impoverish thousands of families for his greedy ends.

Mukesh and Anil jointly are worth $40Billion. If you add the fortunes of Christy, Jim, Robson, Alice, Ann and Nancy Walton, their fortune amounts to $70 Billion. Therefore The Waltons are richer than the Ambanis.

Walmart is the biggest company in the world with sales over $350 billion with 2 Million employees. Reliance industries is number 342 with sales of $18 Billion and 13,000 employees.

The fact that he still lives in the same 3 bedroom house and lives like a normal person just tells me that Warren Buffet has NO IMAGINATION whatsoever. Quite sad really. This is even more proved by the fact that he has hoarded his Billions for 30 years not knowing what to do with it until Bill Gates showed him the way. I do not admire Warren Buffet at all. The guy is a loser!

matrixx, May 30, 2008 IP
  12. waziuz

waziuz Active Member

Best Answers:

In an interview with India Today LN Mittal told that he went with only 25000 Rupees with him when he went to UK. So, I told the same about him and not sure of his family background.

Regarding the Ambanis, I also respect their dad not the Ambani brothers.

Check out the forbes list and you will see that the Ambani brothers combined total income is more than $80 billion. And the walmart family is $70 billion. So, I believe you would calculate better.

And Warren Buffet is a great person IMO. There is nothing public about it. He never pressurizes him employees and he only sends one letter to the manager of his companies which shows his style of work. He is not mad after money but he is a gem of a person IMO.

waziuz, May 30, 2008 IP
  13. aikaz

aikaz Peon

Best Answers:
    All the wealthiest and richest peoples in the world teachs us to see their journey and succesful story from at the beginning stage and inspire another people to follow the best things they had done. Just pick the good points as they grew and throw away the bad things.

aikaz, May 30, 2008 IP
  14. seodesignnet

seodesignnet Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for sharing :). I want to be first someday.

seodesignnet, May 30, 2008 IP
  15. FSL_DiGiTAL

FSL_DiGiTAL Banned

Best Answers:
    so Microsoft bought yahoo or not?

FSL_DiGiTAL, May 30, 2008 IP
  16. matrixx

matrixx Guest

Best Answers:
    I am sure Bill Gates does not put $50 Billion in his wallet when he visits London. It is absolutely possibly true that he went to London with 25000 Rupees, but that does not mean he did not have $1 Billion in his bank accounts in India, NY and Switzerland. It also does not mean that he could not get loans on his assets that were worth Billions in India. D.Trump (I think) once said that being welathy is not about having wealth, but access to it. Nobody comes from India to Europe to buy Steel companies with only 25000 Rupees. In interviews and biographies, many rich people like to make out that they did it all by themselves, in many cases they did not.

You are right. I was looking at the 2007 figures. It seems they have risen by $40 Billion in 1 year! The Ambani's are the richer based on Forbes figures.

Looking at how the U.S Economy is doing, it would not be surprising if an Indian becomes the Richest in the World.

matrixx, May 30, 2008 IP
  17. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    "Dont believe everything you read.

The oil tycoons that live in saudi arabia, Kuiwat, Oman and Yemen do not report their earnings to those fortune 500 magazines or websites. Its been estimated that some of the people in those countries are worth a whole lot more then bill gates or warren buffet."

100% true! There are even some presidents who almost rich as gates or buffet, they simply don't advertise:)

SEOLinker, Jun 2, 2008 IP
  18. finlandscores

finlandscores Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sure he's still feels like a winner.

finlandscores, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  19. mubashirnisar

mubashirnisar Banned

Best Answers:
    i know it .... bt can any one tell who is at number 2nd and 4th?

mubashirnisar, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  20. makelanguages

makelanguages Peon

Best Answers:
    good to know this, i never even heard of the other rich guys except bill gates.. i want to read a book about them

makelanguages, Jun 3, 2008 IP