1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Big update, what happened?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by fryman, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Every .ru site must been destroyed! :mad:

Web Gazelle, Jul 31, 2005 IP
  2. longcall911

longcall911 Peon

Best Answers:
    That was the point of my post.... as Rodney Dangerfield would say "these are called jokes" :)

/*tom*/

longcall911, Jul 31, 2005 IP
  3. iskandar

iskandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo really sucks!

It appears to me that Yahoo is putting more emphasis on sites that has more links than contents.

Currently good SERPS are obtained by pages that has tons of links to the search topic. It does not have to contain any info whatsoever. This sucks!

Why should I search yahoo for something like "acne" and be presented by a bunch of pages that lead me to more "acne" links? Stupid and crazy! They does not seem to care about the site's theme at all. To rank highly now, you just need to link other high ranking pages on that particular topic. Bloody absurd!

I hope this algo is temporary. If not I predict the demise of yahoo because the results have been weak and highly questionable. Thinking about it has lead to acne all over my face

iskandar, Jul 31, 2005 IP
  4. MobileP

MobileP Peon

Best Answers:
    i think it's very easy to be no1 on yahoo. get 10 domains and use this code provided by the top spamers on the net.

btw is this black hat? What'S blackhat anyway? i never learned this technique and as i see 10 pages with similar - POOR content and almost the same title(just the domain in the title was changed) before mine i think these spammers are getting away pretty good with it.

I was no.1 before the update for a very good keyword, now i'm on page 3 with 0 traffic. Oh well :) The biggest part i don'T understand is, the keyword isn't even on their pages? they are just using som af code as the "frame link source" How is this possible?

MobileP, Jul 31, 2005 IP
  5. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My wife showed me that. Her search brought up tones of directories and no pages with the info she wanted to see. I think directory owners need to only optimize for directory related search terms.

Web Gazelle, Aug 1, 2005 IP