1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Big trouble with small site - can anyone advise?

Discussion in 'Apache' started by jim, Jul 2, 2005.

I bought ozband.net not too long ago and set up a new hosting account with lunarpages since the Australian host it was on was a bit pricey. Lunar pages transfers the site and then sends me an email that my account is suspended because someone installed some exploits through php nuke. Now I'm not allowed to use php nuke.

So I cancel my lunarpages account and switch the DNS back to the Australian host (this all happened do quickly, I never had time to cancel them). However when I type in the domain www.ozband.net I still get take to the suspended notice with lunarweb even though it should be resolving to the Australian host.

I know it's a general question, but what should I do? (I don't want to change the CMS if I can help it)?

jim, Jul 2, 2005 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Looks like it is resolving now, I can see the site

fryman, Jul 2, 2005 IP
  3. jim

jim Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I knew there was a chance it was just on my computer for whatever reason. But thank you very much - that is one piece of good news.

I still need some php nuke advice if anyone can help with the best sites for security patches and the like...

jim, Jul 2, 2005 IP
  4. daboss

daboss Guest

Best Answers:
    with regards to getting the old site, try flushing your local cache... if you're using ie, press ctrl+f5...

daboss, Jul 2, 2005 IP
  5. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    at the bottom of your page it says
    that must be an very OLD version... i would look into upgrading to nuke 7.8 http://phpnuke.org/ asap if i was you depending what mods you have installed.

vagrant, Jul 3, 2005 IP
  6. Roze

Roze Guest

Best Answers:
    I had some nuke problems because of certain modules. Make sure you don't have coppermine - try Gallery instead. Also, there's a guestbook and a calendar module which have hacker doorways. Nuke starts to get extremely slow once you get around 2000 users (probalby sooner if the users are online at the same time.) If you mod rewrite your installation try to keep the number of rewritten modules to a minimum, having very large .htaccess files will bug your host. Just a few tips I've learned. My site is almost out of nuke, I dont trust it anymore.

Roze, Jul 3, 2005 IP
  7. tandac

tandac Active Member

Best Answers:
    When I moved my site from one host to another. Shaw Cable took over a week before the DNS properly resolved itself. It seems it was only a problem with one of their DNS servers their other one worked fine.

Just be patient and in a couple of days you should be fine..

tandac, Jul 3, 2005 IP
  8. nddb

nddb Peon

Best Answers:
    some ISPs cache for a looong time. Especially cable companies. You can always find an outside DNS. I usually see DNS updates pretty quick if I'm pointed at a larger companies DNS, but ISPs cache a lot, so it can take much longer than it really takes for the changes to propagate

nddb, Jul 3, 2005 IP
  9. jim

jim Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies. We're in the process of updating phpnuke...

jim, Jul 6, 2005 IP