1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Big Drop

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by dyn4mik3, Feb 1, 2005.

A couple of my keywords that I was ranking pretty high (ranked 20 or so) dropped real low today - shows up N/A in dp's keyword rankings.

I'm still ranked for some of my other keywords, so I don't think I'm sandboxed. But the drops don't look good.

dyn4mik3, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  2. fsolm1

fsolm1 Member

Best Answers:
    I had dropped for almost 2 full months for 75 % of my terms after a redesign. After about 2 months, everything is back and I am doing better than before.

make and changes?

fsolm1, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  3. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    20 is high? Hmmm... ;)

I wouldn't worry about it yet. If you haven't done any major changes you should be ok.

Crazy_Rob, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  4. dyn4mik3

dyn4mik3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Pretty high =P My main keyword was #1, now its #2.

But I'm still wondering why the other keywords dropped so far. Didn't make any changes at all actually.

dyn4mik3, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  5. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe your competitors did. The web is dynamic. Just because you don't change anything, does not mean you can sit back and relax. Other sites are changing all the time. This could easily cause your site to loose rank because another site gained rank :)

mopacfan, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  6. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Yeah, but he's saying his site is nowhere to be found. It's most likely a temporary thing.

If it's not back within a few days to a week then I would start to worry.

Lately I've had top ten rankings disapear only to come right back in a few days. It's kind of scary but if you're doing things properly you "shouldn't" worry (too much).

Crazy_Rob, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  7. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    ah, yes, I do see that now. I've seen some of my kw's fluctuate wildly. One day they are in the top 10 or top 20 and the next they are not in the top 50. Up to a week later, they are back up there again.

mopacfan, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  8. dyn4mik3

dyn4mik3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah its just weird that they dropped off for some of the keywords and not others. I guess I'll wait a couple days. Real big drop, from #20 to out of the ranking (past 9999).

dyn4mik3, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  9. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah, I see where the confusion lies. Your ranking is not past 9999, it is simply beyond the default search depth. If you have not changed the default search depth, that would then be 50. So your ranking droped from #20 to somewhere below 50. It's not like it disappeared completely. Just do a google search for your term showing 100 results, then do a find in the results for your domain. You'll most likely find it on the first page.

mopacfan, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  10. dyn4mik3

dyn4mik3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I re-checked that with googlerankings - it went from #20 to #394 =/

dyn4mik3, Feb 1, 2005 IP