1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Big Drop in SERPS

Discussion in 'SEO' started by DaVe™, Nov 12, 2007.

We have recently taken a big drop in SERPS for one of our main sites...

Almost all of our site/product-related keywords we are not even listed for anymore, never mind on page 2 or 3 :eek:

We haven't made any big changes on the site over the past few months, and this has only happened over the past week or two so i can't really see what has caused this to such an extent?

If anyone could shed some light on why this has happened and the quickest and best way to get back up there, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

( p.s. the website is http://scottishkilts.net )

DaVe™, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  2. alejandro

alejandro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why this happened? Who knows. That's not the answer you want to hear, but no one really knows what Google does in the background. A simple and small change in their algorithm can drop sites into nothingness. Besides, the SERPs is sketchy anyway... your site may come back up in a few days.

As to what you can do to get them back up there? Keep building your site. Develop content and links like normal and let the search engines do their thing. There is nothing you can do to force it, just let it happen naturally.

alejandro, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  3. pedring

pedring Banned

Best Answers:
    Continues optimization is the answer.

pedring, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  4. corlock

corlock Banned

Best Answers:
    there are many cases of PR drop recently these days and almost all of them only experiencing PR glitches which means that, the TBPR shows a PR drop and eventually after some time, it will go back to its original value. in this case, go check your PR in different PR checker online. there are tons of them in the net.

corlock, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  5. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This thread is about SERPs not Page Rank.

I believe your problem might be temporary, this happens to sites sometimes. It is not uncommon to vanish from SERPs from time to time, its never actually happened to me but I read threads about it all the time.

astup1didiot, Nov 12, 2007 IP