1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Big Bang SEO !!!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Sigmund Freud, Dec 6, 2008.

Hi friends,

Currently i have not indexed my site in google, but am building links gradually.I plan to launch my website after 6 months, till i have sufficient backlinks to make it to top. My doubt is... if i enable google indexing , will all those backlinks be considered aged and add value, or would it be considered black hat seo with suddenly so many links? I want to launch my site but donot want to climb the ladder, just make it to top10 ;) Any ideas?

Sigmund Freud, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  2. flatrox

flatrox Banned

Best Answers:
    dont worry you are on right way, seo is start from domain name only, even i can get pr 3 without making my site live, i have just website under construction logo on home page.

flatrox, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  3. Sigmund Freud

Sigmund Freud Peon

Best Answers:
    but dear flatrox, your homepage is indexed and thats why u got the PR. My doubt is what if the website is totally not indexed in google but suddenly comes alive?

Sigmund Freud, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  4. sampathsl

sampathsl Guest

Best Answers:
    Sigmund Fred, if you have the domain with you, why don't you host a temporally page and try to get indexed? Probably you'll be able to go for a good PR.

sampathsl, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  5. aliefmaksum

aliefmaksum Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, why don't you add your homepage just to get indexed from now? I believe i ever heard that google penalized unnatural backlink (like sudden increase in backlink), but i believe that google also count the age of the backlink, and if you build it gradually i think it's ok.

aliefmaksum, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  6. OnlineVista

OnlineVista Banned

Best Answers:
    I would be skeptical if I was doing what you are doing. A website which is not live, suddenly comes online with tons of links. Hmmm looks spammy to me.

A website is meant to gain back links organically/naturally by webmasters linking to the website because they find it use and authoritative and would complement their website and user experience.

A website which comes online with a number of back links does not somehow fit this scenario and is sure to raise a few eyebrows. You could consider making the website live, just a single page and then maybe do (not overdo) some link building.

If you aspire to launch a website and make it to the top 10 then I am afraid but it is just not right. The ranking are not just dependent on backlinks, there are hundreds of other parameter that are taken into account. Even if you do, it would be temporary before the Sandbox effect (Google) kicks in.

Best of luck.

OnlineVista, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  7. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You must launch your site the moment that you are doing your SEO.

Chancey, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  8. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I highly doubt they will be counted as aged backlinks.
    As soon as google follow the link from that page and find your site offline, they will just ignore it.
    Why don't you check if Google indexed backlinks for your site?

Abhik, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  9. DewShare

DewShare Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think you can launch your website as your site get indexed you will get good pr.

Aged back links does matter but not too much.

Best of Luck :cool:

DewShare, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  10. Divyani

Divyani Peon

Best Answers:
    content is kind with good keyword optimization. This can help you to gain early PR and regular caching.

Regards

Divyani, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  11. World_Peace

World_Peace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it will be wise to get your site indexed and then do the seo on your site because sudden effects will have bad results on your site. Google likes natural building. This is what i think.

World_Peace, Dec 6, 2008 IP
    evolveforever likes this.
  12. Divyani

Divyani Peon

Best Answers:
    Strange!!!

I have fully changed the design of my blog and it is working perfectly and also it has been cached within 2 days. :) I feel sudden changes in terms of traffic so hampers the site....

Regards

Divyani, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  13. flatrox

flatrox Banned

Best Answers:
    yes its great idea, decent backlinks will give u pr before u launch u r site

flatrox, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  14. Scripter

Scripter Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly my thoughts, the faster you push links on a site and the harder you try in a short time, the worse the results. SEO needs time and patience, trying to force things never works well. You'll probably see you site in the top 10 for a week and end up on page 300 a week later.

Short version: Big Bang SEO does not work any more, all you'd get is a penalty and 6+ months to recover.

Scripter, Dec 15, 2008 IP