1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Big Adsense Earners , do you share what you do with friends or You keep it secret?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by FireStorM, Mar 11, 2006.

?

Do you tell your friends how to earn online with Adsense ?

1. No

67 vote(s)
    39.6%
  2. Yes

102 vote(s)
    60.4%
  1. yellowjar

yellowjar Guest

Best Answers:
    I have found that when you try to tell most people they "just don't get it" and assume that its not a 'real job'. I told a couple people in detail what it was that I was doing and they were under the impression that it's just free money and that I should give them some or 'set them up' to make this free money doing nothing. I got tired of stressing that it's long hours, not really easy money and you have to invest time in learning new strategies ect... I don't bother telling anyone anymore exactly what I do, when they ask I just tell them I do websites and it seems to make the conversation go smoothly.

As far as family, I don't bother telling them what websites I have other than my personal blog and site templates site that have no ads on them and it keeps them from clicking away on the ads. From what I've found it's best not to tell your friends which site you make money from as some people are not really friends and will try to F&%$ you up by sitting there and clicking for a few days out of spite or envy if they know a little about adsense terms.

I'm not a "big earner" like some and I manage to earn a humble $100-$250/day :eek: but i am trying and I know that it is very possible to make a decent living, so long as you keep your money sites details to yourself.

yellowjar, Apr 15, 2006 IP
  2. harris5998

harris5998 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this thread! It is so inspiring to see people making bucks with Adsense! I am learning so much here!

harris5998, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  3. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I also voted yes, I tell people I know how I'm doing with AdSense and I'm all for teaching them the basics and talking about it. It's just many people are not aware of how AdSense works even if they see the AdSense blocks everywhere on the web, they don't understand first hand that they could be the ones who make profit with it.
    Many people I know don't know HTML but that is really not a problem anymore, I can install them drupal.org and the adsense module or WordPress and the adsense plugins/theme and here they go.
    Of all the people I've talked to about AdSense only 2 are making significant progress (creating several blogs and writing regularly) and yes they're of the above average IQ type, they also wants to earn money off the internet for the rest of their life if possible. :)

JamesColin, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  4. jimkarter

jimkarter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am from India.

Thanx :) This is one of the site from our network of sites. The site is sold for $8400 just today.:D

jimkarter, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  5. projectw3

projectw3 Banned

Best Answers:
    Jim, I must say that is job well done! Very well done! Congrats on making the sale!

Now back to program...

projectw3, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  6. Kelvin

Kelvin Peon

Best Answers:
    Making money with Adsense is about perspective and then persistence. It really involves breaking down what a website actually functions as - what it's set up to facilitate - and at it's most basic before all the interesting content and the pretty design and the high quality links come together it is really just a vehicle for converting traffic into money and Adsense is one way of facilitating this conversion. Once you've reached that way of seeing a website building ones that dominate their niche with valuable content that answers the question that that niche poses is very easy and you can make an awful lot of money with Adsense.

I've been building Adsense monetized websites for the past couple of years and as for sharing my knowledge, I've started to share it with everyone!

You can check out my guide to making money with Adsense below - it's in its early days but it will grow over the next 6 months. Maybe then i'll reveal how much i earn!

understandingadsense.com

Kelvin, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  7. jordan5815

jordan5815 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't share my skills with anyone. I mean i tell them the basics and stuff, but my secrets in making money no.

jordan5815, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  8. rewlie

rewlie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Want to share, tells everybody that i know in my country, but they rep me easily, more over, by a group ! So i think i just make my way alone, no sweat .. moreover, i dont include my site that make big earning in sig in any forum, just like Will do ..

rewlie, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  9. jimkarter

jimkarter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Most of the people including me, takes care of this.:D

jimkarter, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  10. johnwoof

johnwoof Peon

Best Answers:
    I have created $347 Last month .

I used a freelancer he claims me that he can boost my earning upto 10 %

See My post of this thread

http// forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=77851

johnwoof, Apr 24, 2006 IP
  11. altek

altek Peon

Best Answers:
    i use to be talk about it with family when my income was xx,xxx now its xxx so been quiet for a while :p

altek, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  12. wormser

wormser Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've told a few friends. For the most part it has turned out bad. Basically they become jealous or want in. I've got good domains and hosted blogs for others to get started, but nobadoy has actually put any effort yet. If you are too lazy to write off the top of your head every few days, it really upsets me and I cannot stand being "the boss" for charity. I don't tell anyone anymore unless I think they will pay me or actually have work ethic.

wormser, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  13. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How do you go from $XX,xxx to just $xxx!?

Burta, May 1, 2006 IP
  14. webseo

webseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I earn well over the $300mth total you mentioned and i tell nobody about how i do it except my beautiful g/f who is also my business partner. It has taken me hundreds of hours to acheive what I have and I will not share the stuff that I have learnt by myself.

BUT! keeping that in mind I do share basic stuff that most of us in here know to newbies who have no idea. You guys have helped me, so its only right I pass on that help.

The biggest tip i give new ppl is that this is no get rich quick scheme. It takes dedication and the ability to listen and learn. This time last year i was happy to get $2 a day.

Guys who are earning the big bucks dont share their best secrets and so they shouldnt. If i had a red hot fishing spot, there is no way Im going to tell the world :)

webseo, May 1, 2006 IP
  15. bargainr

bargainr Peon

Best Answers:
    All my conversations end with that or "I don't know anyone who clicks on Google Ads."

I try to tell my friends but I think most of them aren't interested because it requires a level of diligence and perserverence that's higher than what they're willing to put forward.

($500/mo)

bargainr, May 1, 2006 IP
  16. Joobz

Joobz Peon

Best Answers:
    You should tell them it was a good idea, then there would be 2 less scammers using adsense once they are banned

Joobz, May 1, 2006 IP
  17. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I still talk to people, but now I spend even more time stressing how much work it takes to get all of this "free money." :rolleyes:

Will.Spencer, May 1, 2006 IP
  18. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    just one question, do you think it's true that you need money to make money?

devin, May 4, 2006 IP
  19. Halobitt

Halobitt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Also some creativity :)

Halobitt, May 4, 2006 IP
  20. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The internet is making that less true - but having money sure doesn't hurt, and it definitely can help you make more money and make it a lot faster.

But the answer in a word for me is "No".

Burta, May 4, 2006 IP