1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bidding directories slammed (as usual) by Big G - Too much this time?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by noobpreneur, Mar 21, 2009.

1. noobpreneur

noobpreneur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @scoobby,

I'm not sure - I don't accept gambling and illegal sites, and the listed sites seem to do nothing wrong. Maybe Google is just playing God, I suppose - Picking someone at random basis and punish him...

noobpreneur, May 21, 2009 IP
  2. tensmar

tensmar Peon

Best Answers:
    noobpreneur -- I know what you mean: I have had websites that were Ranking good in G**gle, and then all of a sudden the Ranking (and as a result, the Traffic) significantly dropped.

tensmar, May 21, 2009 IP
  3. oregonthunder2

oregonthunder2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have around thirty bid directories and have made several thousands of dollars with them. But I have also turned around and put a lot back into them. Its been less than a year that I started using them.

My bid directory: Banners Advertising Directory has been very successful. Of coarse it is a modified version of the original script which allows banners ads to be shown on 30+ websites.

My main thing is... I charge for the review of the website, to see if it is worthy for inclusion. Anything above the min. bid is for position within the directory. So it is not buying a link at all, but paying for a service.

;)

oregonthunder2, May 21, 2009 IP
  4. michaeljm72

michaeljm72 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i've been watching paid and bidding directories rather carefully now for 6-7 months. and i've seen a rather consistent loss of pagerank across the board. i have a large list that i review of perhaps 60 bidding directories down to their ip, # of google backlinks, domain age etc and sometimes who their brothers and cousins are.
    aside from the main fact that google has been frowning and raining on the bidding directories' parade the last year or so, in some cases a major problem that i've seen with the bid directories is cross linking

noobpreneur, perhaps part of the problem with some of your directories was that a number of them at least had the same IP. plus you were cross linking them. so google finds one, finds them all.

i tracked it down, and you may want to review this piece:
    http://www.best-web-directories.com/directories-under-review.html
    Analysis of Google Directory Penalties - Why are some directories penalized while 5000+ other directories are not?

too many factors for me to summarize, but it may help the bidding directory owners figure out a strategy and a niche....
    i like bidding directorie they are kinda fun to check out and i do think they fill a necessary niche. personally i would go in and study why genderlink is a continuous pr 5 and what keeps up the pagerank for the numberous pr 4 bidding directories etc etc

michaeljm72, May 21, 2009 IP