1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

BG Colour on WP Site

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by parisent, Jan 8, 2016.

Hey ...

I am learning how to use WP. But am having difficulty with 1 thing. I don't usually list my url when asking for help - but I think this will easily show you what I am talking about. Site: www.allsitecafe.com ...

You will see the upper header part of my site has a White BG - while the lower part, underneath the black menu bar of categories has a Grayish tone. And you will see - that when you click on certain categories on the menu bar - such as cool sites, scary websites and so on - those pages also have the Grayish tone BG.

I want to change that from Gray to white. But I can't seem to figure out how. Usually, I will search on youtube and online - and I normally can figure things out. But I just can't seem to find a solution.

Can any of you give me a quick step-by-step tutorial?

Thanks! Much Appreciated!

Paris

parisent, Jan 8, 2016 IP
  2. th.sigit

th.sigit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you try using Firebug (Firefox add-on) or Firefox inspector (press Ctrl+Shift+C)? If I get you right:

Open your style.css file, look for the following:

section#main {
        float: left;
        clear: both;
        width: 100%;
        background-image: url('http://www.allsitecafe.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/002-subtle-light-pattern-background-texture.jpg') ;
        padding-bottom: 60px;
    }
    Code (markup):
    Delete or comment the part that begins with background-image, so it will look like this:
    section#main {
        float: left;
        clear: both;
        width: 100%;
        padding-bottom: 60px;
    }
    Code (markup):
    Refresh the page.

th.sigit, Jan 8, 2016 IP
  3. parisent

parisent Member

Best Answers: