1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

BEWARE: Wix.com Affiliate Program Scammed $30,000/year in Affiliate Comissions

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by ht125, Nov 16, 2016.

Post removed since problem resolved with the company, thanks
    SEMrush

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    ht125, Nov 16, 2016 IP
    SEMrush
  2. ericastone

ericastone Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    gosh, i hope this is not true... sounds like a great deal...

ericastone, Nov 21, 2016 IP
  3. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why haven't you just used some of the cash to update your own program to something close to what Wix offers, I mean, pretty sure you could have spared a few thousands dollars and thereafter hire some freelancer to update it when needed?

It's sad what is happening, but it happens when you deal with those big companies and as you can see, thousands of people keep falling into their system wich at the end is a bit stupid as they will pay more than if they hired someone to make them a website and update it from time to time.

Good luck with this, I am fully behind you

IG2010, Nov 21, 2016 IP
  4. matt_62

matt_62 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    that sucks hard bro. My advice. Seek professional legal advice from someone that you can meet in person. This is a FORTUNE!!! $10k compensation to lose $300k automated over 10 years, that is worth fighting for.

You need to stop sending new members to wix. Here is some ideas:

1. A wordpress multi-user site is cost effective, but takes time to set it up. It *can* be profitable. Actually alot of functionality if you really get into the nitty gritty. I know users can have a free, subdomains, your ads on every page (top or bottom), and clients pay small fee for ad removal, but I *think* you can also charge for upgrade to own domain name.
    TO my knowledge, Clients cannot design own site... but can use any of the themes you install. SO you can install 1000+ themes, and clients can only use those.
    This may be something you can look into providing, you may have a few interested people.
    This site, once setup, should need only weekly maintenance. Its "cheap" to start this, and cheap to keep it running. Will run on shared hosting. Can be setup in under a week. You could run this as an entry level option, in addition to other options.

2. There are some REALLY good website builders that are for "hosting" companies to use. You may be able to use one of these effectively. You may need a managed VPS from a good provider.
    Trendytools is a reasonably good wix replacement. This is not hands free. This requires more work to setup. You may need:
    - whmcs license (easy)
    - trendy tools license (easy)
    - an account for selling domain names (hard to find good account with great pricing)
    - fully managed and support vps / dedi (expensive)
    - alot of time to spend on providing support, and or creating tutorials to assist clients.

Clients get confused as they have a login for the billing section (whmcs), a login for the backend section (cpanel), and they need to login to the back end to launch the site builder.
    So you may have to provide alot of initial support, as well as some good guides.
    but in total, you should be able to provide a BETTER service then wix. But it is not 100% automated, and you will have high running costs.
    You can in cpanel hide icons and features that your clients will most likely not need, by providing less features can actually make the entire process better for them.
    You were earning only 45% of what wix was... you could possibly provide a better service then wix, be slightly cheaper then wix, and still earn more money.
    I am not saying this is perfect solution. But it is something to consider. Find a host that offers trendy, signup, see if this is something that you can sell, or that your clients can use, and then if you are interested, form a business plan to see if this idea can work for you.

3. Like IG2010 said, A automated, yet cost effective solution can be created by a freelancer. I had one developed for me, and it was built using an api for an existing script (amember) to handle the membership side, this way I did not have to pay to develop the membership system. If you develop your own membership system then you have ongoing security issues as this do need updating. And my custom webbuilding app integrates with the membership script. Mine cost in the region of $5k. But it is hands free, people can signup for free or paid, and I do not have to do any work. I am not saying that "amember" is good, but if developing your own sitebuilder you do want to use a membership system that is cost effective long term to update, where paid updates are going to be available, and do not pay for your own membership system to be developed as you may have long term running costs paying freelances to update it for you.

So if you are considering this option, be sure to ask, what API and what membership system they use, and what will that software cost, cost for future updates to the script, etc.

PM me if you want to know more about developing your own, I can show you what I have, and that will give you better ideas on what to ask for, watch out for, and so on.

matt_62, Dec 3, 2016 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Always seems to be the case. Once a startup gets really popular, they feel like they no longer need affiliates.

dcristo, Dec 3, 2016 IP
    matt_62 likes this.