1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

BEWARE!!! SCAMMER ON DP

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mem700X, Mar 26, 2013.

i recently had some work done by a member on the forum "Designer.wed" his profile link is: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/members/deziner-web.434319/

he was creating me a custom wordpress site from scratch AND a custom plugin that took a couple of weeks. he showed me updates for about a week. now these past 1-2 weeks he hasnt been online or emailing me back because he said hes been traveling. the work was suppose to be completed already and he finally emailed me saying he will give me a refund or a discount back because it has been so long and i have been losing customers for my business.

it has been 8 days and there is still NO reply. i sent him $100 paypal and he has ran off with my money. i am warning everyone on DP to not do business with him....

this is the live updates of my website that he was working on:

http://www.studentsstep.com/surber/

he is scamming me for $100 i dont even have to just throw away like this!!!! so please dont get your $ stolen like i did!!!!!

his profile: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/members/deziner-web.434319/

email:

at the bottom of my webpage it says designs by: http://webowork.com/ (looks pretty fishy to me.)

Mem700X, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    So you blindly sent money to a random person on the Internet via PayPal who lives in a country that PayPal doesn't even allow accounts in and you are somehow surprised they are a scammer? I mean just the fact that they have a PayPal account proves they are a scammer (they are scamming PayPal).

Really boggles my mind to be honest... why did you not use an escrow service?

digitalpoint, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  3. Mem700X

Mem700X Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    not sure. iv worked with lots of people here with paypal and never had any problems. he had 100% itrader on here and thought he could be trusted.

Mem700X, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  4. evershawn

evershawn Banned

Best Answers:
    You do realize that about 90% of the people that solicit for business out of 3rd world countries on this site are either extremely shady or just flat out scammers, right? I mean you've certainly been here long enough so if you've been that trusting in your past transactions you've just been extremely lucky.

If you paid via Paypal, file a reversal. You may need to call to do it if it has been longer than 45 days since you sent the payment. Tell the paypal agent that you were led on and eventually scammed for the money, they should be able to open an investigation and freeze the amount in question. Eventually these guys lose their paypal accounts when enough people complain.

I hate nothing more than 3rd world scammers myself, so Good luck.

evershawn, Mar 26, 2013 IP
    hakkimone likes this.
  5. afriadi

afriadi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, some people born to be a scammer. They didn't realize that the move is only taking them to the grave, they want to live from the forum but they ruin the forum. Use the escrow service next time. They're more good people here just be careful to make deal.

afriadi, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  6. scottlpool2003

scottlpool2003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It happened to me on here for about $500 I lost the money and the website I sold. It was my own naivety though and wash a harsh lesson to learn but by god, it never happened again!

scottlpool2003, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  7. Mem700X

Mem700X Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i opened an unauthorized payment claim and they did not approve it. i wonder if i can open another

Mem700X, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  8. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You authorized the payment. No.

Karen May Jones, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  9. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This story sounds familer....
    My wife ran off with the money, the house, the car, the kids, and took her boyfriend with her...

dscurlock, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  10. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I visited your profile. There are many good reviews that you haven't paid many guys.
    I did the mistake not visiting your profile before working.

pupul, May 9, 2013 IP
  11. Simon Hogg

Simon Hogg Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanx for the information bro

Simon Hogg, May 10, 2013 IP
  12. lead2play

lead2play Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah. A big thanks from me to that person who scammed you. He took revenge on behalf of me and many other users. DP should ban this type of scammers.

lead2play, May 10, 2013 IP
    pupul likes this.
  13. Luisribas

Luisribas Banned

Best Answers:
    Good job done

Luisribas, May 11, 2013 IP
  14. Pie-Rate Kiing

Pie-Rate Kiing Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/members/mem700x.239437/

Dear OP,

If you look at your profile and the feedbacks left by multiple users, I don't think I believe you and your story in this thread as an affect of those feedbacks and your iTrader rating :) I hope you would pay others what you owe to them before you start claiming your part :)

Cheers

Pie-Rate Kiing, May 11, 2013 IP
  15. jimwriter

jimwriter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Seriously? You are very wrong and misinformed, please don't write just for the sake. Please provide statistical proof of your allegations or re-phrase your statement. According to your statement, 90% of people living in the 3rd are shady or just flat out scammers. You are VERY wrong!!!

Plus,
    So, are 1st world scammers welcome?

jimwriter, May 13, 2013 IP
  16. Whitecap SEO

Whitecap SEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Whom I will believe - Mem700X or deziner.web ? I checked both of yours profiles and Mem700X have lots of negative feedback; but right now you complained to another guy !!!

Whitecap SEO, May 13, 2013 IP