1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Beware of the Content.Ad Scam- Over a Million impressions

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by Microdot, Sep 30, 2014.

1. sagieswar

sagieswar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Basically earlier we didn't feature on top UK football site(newsnow.co.uk), but now we are a publisher with them with 80% traffic coming from them and we also increased the frequency from 1 article per day to 4 articles per day. That's the difference.

So if we have a huge surge, they don't pay and cancel serving ads to my site?

Please check my reply above regarding the traffic.

They can check but can they cancel my full 100% payment and cancel serving ads to my site?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2016
    sagieswar, Jun 5, 2016 IP
  2. Vlerant Saiti

Vlerant Saiti Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello guys,

I have been using content.ad for 18 months I think.
    In 2015 they were very good, and now after they have lot of publishers they are so strict, cpm rates are much lower than 2015 and everything else is worse.

Can you imagine, they have banned my payments 4 or 5 times, I am also using AdSense, you know AdSense, so I have never got banned from AdSense and this Contnent.ad have banned my earnings.
    I would recommend RevContent instead of this shity network.
    I have tried to create new accounts, but they don't care now cause they have lot of publishers.
    You can see the screenshots of my accounts and my banned earnings.
    1. http://imgur.com/jpvUH3C
    2. http://imgur.com/mJXM2nC

I can't remember the emails of others accounts, when I find out I will also upload screens from other banned earnings.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2016
    Vlerant Saiti, Aug 28, 2016 IP
  3. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    "I tried to create new accounts"....
    I think you need to sit down and just be quiet. You broke one of the first rules.... You never create new accounts.

lukey372, Aug 28, 2016 IP
  4. ebsports

ebsports Active Member

Best Answers:
    I used to love Content.ad.

Now, they're just okay.

Their CPC is so weird. I have about 80 percent tier 1 traffic and daily you get about 90 percent of your clicks that are literally worth a penny or two. Then you'll get some random clicks worth 55 cents that 'average' you out. Never used to be like that.

ebsports, Aug 28, 2016 IP
  5. metros

metros Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well most likely they do not have enough advertisers or campaigns.
    Or they do, but lack or a proper RTB/Bidder/Data might lead to bad performance.

metros, Aug 30, 2016 IP
  6. ShowMeThe$

ShowMeThe$ Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been using Content.Ad for about 8 months now. So far based on my experience they do payout the amount shown out AND paid on time (so far very satisfied in that regard) HOWEVER, I find it troubling in a few other areas.

I've been noticing more lately that there are ads that when clicked on by my visitors they don't translate to any revenue for me at all. When I asked them about this I get the standard "
    Our widget monetizes on various factors, and the algorithm allocates creatives that point to “CPA” type offers predominantly. This is one of those offers. That means you earn revenue when transactions take place downstream. Often these payouts are large, as much as $100 depending on the offer. You may have a day with only one large payout and based on the number of impressions it results in a hefty CPM for you for the day. Other days, even though you send traffic, no transactions occur and there is a zero payout.
    You can earn on these offers, as long as your traffic converts. " response.

So ok fine let's say I could even live with seeing visitors click this one particular ad so many times and returns ZERO revenue for me each time, if that isn't BS then I guess I don't know what BS is but I took it like a champ and didn't say another word about it but then..

Now a few days later the same type of scenario but this time a different ad being clicked on and same result, no revenue for me AGAIN!

BTW, I'm tracking the stats and outbound link clicks on WP stats so there is no making this up, it's there plain as day.

So back to the issue, so now this is another ad that is being clicked on and no revenue so I decided to load that link independently (not clicking the ad as that is not allowed)...in order to make sure I wasn't hacked or something like that and maybe the link was going somewhere else or something like that but nope it seemed like the intended destination...so here is the kicker that really pissed me off, when the site that the link took me to loaded, what do I see but Google Adsense ads on the site. So my visitors opened that ad from content.ad ad on my site and they are taken to that page with Google ads earning that site and probable Content.ad revenue and I get NOTHING! So content.ad and that particular advertiser makes money and I run their ads for free...that seem fair?

It would be nice if that shameful BS was the only issue but then now more often lately I'm seeing stats are NOT matching. For example I saw 5 clicks on their ads on Feb 20, 2017 on my WP stats and their site stats shows 3 clicks :( I won't lie, it hurts, I am an honest publisher with a clean WP site, no illegal content no weird bs no fake traffic, never broke any rules etc and yet I now I can't get treated fairly and honestly :(

Extremely frustrating!

ShowMeThe$, Feb 20, 2017 IP
  7. MinionWorker

MinionWorker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To be honest as a new publisher, this is very worrying. I typed in ContentAd on google and the 3rd link was “Beware of content ad” so I accidentally came on this forum. Also I wanted to give ContentAd a shot, but seeing these images of not paid invoices, and so much issues with their publishers, comments that they do not reply on support tickets, well that is just terrible. I am strongly convinced we will stick to Google AdSense only. Also I have read their comment saying that they are among top competitors in the advertising world, but according to these feedbacks, looks like those days already ended. Thank you all, for this amazing information!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    MinionWorker, Oct 14, 2017 IP
  8. MinionWorker

MinionWorker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I appreciate you sharing your experience! Will delete my page from submission from them! I am just going to stick to my AdSense. Cannot thank you enough! Cheers,

MinionWorker, Oct 14, 2017 IP
  9. ShowMeThe$

ShowMeThe$ Peon

Best Answers:
    MinionWorker (and any others). I would like to say that Content.Ad is fairly responsive to inquiries and my issue of the clicks and not getting paid that I mentioned in a previous post was explained to me, it was a misunderstanding on my part. Since I also had set my ads to include some of my own website content when folks click on them it shows as a click on an ad so I assumed it was an outbound ad for which I didn't get paid but this was NOT the case.

To sum it up, they are by no means a scam, they are LEGIT, they pay on time (based on my almost 1.5 year experience with them) and the rates are reasonable for the most part, sometimes they are low but then other times it's very high...I assume that's just depending on the particular advertiser.

Put it this way, they are a pay per click only service and yet they are a close second behind my Google Adsense monthly revenue. I also use Adiant and MGID and those are very poor for revenue and I'm considering ditching them shortly but Content.Ad is a keeper!!

So again, Content.Ad is NOT A SCAM, they are LEGIT and pretty good.

Sorry I didn't come back and update my post, that was my bad. Minion and others who are wondering if they should give them a try, I would say go ahead. IF they don't work out by meeting your expected revenue amount you can always leave them but I promise that based on my experience (still using them currently) they are NOT a scam as far as anything I can see.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    ShowMeThe$, Oct 14, 2017 IP
  10. MinionWorker

MinionWorker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the follow up, and for clearing this up. I have one question, do the rates change a lot if you decide to display different content. Example: I will not display PG13 , Aggressiveness - High, as recommended. Reason is we tend to build a reputation, to interact with our audience, and honestly I think those ads are crap. Also we do not like the images and the suggested content of those ads. Our choice for the widgets and our website would be: Content - PG, Aggressive - Low. And we would choose to display certain type of categories that match with the content of our site. Do you know if this choice will lower our click rate on ContentAd? What I saw in their explanation, is that they will have fewer ads for us. Ads - 66.67% of total. But I suspect that we will have lower click rate as well. Please let me know what do you think, or do you have any experience with this?

MinionWorker, Oct 15, 2017 IP
  11. ShowMeThe$

ShowMeThe$ Peon

Best Answers:
    I also had reservations at first as I also wanted to stick to PG but ended up going PG-13 so I cannot give an accurate comment on how much of a difference in click rate or amount of ads you will get using PG instead of PG-13. I would guess it would depend on your type of audience (ie, age, gender, etc.) and type of website I guess would make a difference as to the effectiveness of PG or PG-13 ads. Now and then I find I feel a little embarrassed about some of the PG-13 ads but it doesn't seem to bother my visitors too much (I think) or at least no one has ever complained. The placement positions might also be why no one has any issues with them, I have them on the side and on the very bottom..they are not IN YOUR FACE but yet visible enough to still be noticed/clicked.

I also wanted to say I agree with something that ebsports said on one of the previous comments, I put the part that I felt the same way about in bold.

I've asked them about it and they've told me it depends on the ad provider and also sometimes it depends on if a click turns into a sign up for the particular ad company. I remember one time I got something like $4.98 on ONE click, I was doing the dancing banana lol...but of course that was a one time thing, never happened again (yet).

I also had to say though that GOogle Adsense is poor in my opinion, I mean I get high quality traffic including large percentage from 'organic' Google search and yet my revenue is small, only reason I'm able to survive with them is due to the few people that click on the ads and then for the most part the revenue is decent but even then sometimes it's not much. So I don't think there are any ad revenue gems left anywhere, companies like Google are raping all of us little guys and making a fortune on the ads we serve :(

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    ShowMeThe$, Oct 15, 2017 IP
  12. MinionWorker

MinionWorker Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Is it ok to use this thread to ask, is using google AdSense and ContentAd on one site, safe?
    Does either of them have any restrictions for the other. Thank you very much for your feedback :)

13. ShowMeThe$

ShowMeThe$ Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure if the OP will mind but I think it should be OK since the question is still involving Content.Ad
    To answer your question, YES, they Can be used together...Content.Ad covers this in their FAQs and I've been using them together for close to 1.5 years and no problems/conflicts and I'm in A+ standing with both Adsense and Content.Ad. Hope that helped.

ShowMeThe$, Oct 15, 2017 IP
  14. MinionWorker

MinionWorker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Helps a lot :) Cheers!

15. NewXclu

NewXclu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely not a scam...Thanks for the insight good earnings also [​IMG]

NewXclu, Aug 29, 2018 IP
  16. Alexbizz

Alexbizz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am using them and they are good so far. Can I know do you use facebook traffick or another type? Have you tried their type of traffic?

Alexbizz, Aug 29, 2018 IP
  17. NewXclu

NewXclu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Facebook traffic are real visitors because it's facebook LOL. You just need to build a couple pages / groups and the rest is a walk in the park

NewXclu, Aug 29, 2018 IP
  18. tobysurf

tobysurf Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know about FB traffic at all, that really easy as you saying?

tobysurf, Aug 30, 2018 IP
  19. NewXclu

NewXclu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make videos and go live with the content relating to your website niche to easily build traffic.

NewXclu, Aug 30, 2018 IP