1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Beware of dodgy 'Native English' writers

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by alexau, Sep 9, 2010.

1. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm, "coot" eh? I've heard "bewk" for "book" and "cewk" for "cook", but not "coot". Maybe it's because I'm in East Yorkshire where it's a nice brash "cUt" :D

"Coot" sounds like a North Yorkshire pronunciation to me.

BRUm, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  2. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'll check out some of his video recordings and shall provide you with further information. I am on +5.30 your time, and it's time I kept my date with the fairies and elves... adieu my friend. :)

parsibagan, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  3. GreenSmile

GreenSmile Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    and your point?

GreenSmile, Sep 13, 2010 IP
  4. GreenSmile

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Lol can I use google translator?

5. GreenSmile

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    then we'll write in Spanish! Lol

6. mirisaamali

mirisaamali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, there are full of liars and dishonest lot in both sections, clients as well as writers.

As for those who pose as native writers, there is no need to lie. If some dumb head says he wants only Native English writer, request his permission and deliver him one task for free and show him how quality of writing by a Non native can be far better than a native. (same is possible vice versa).

And these lies from the writers have cropped in because of the clients who keep insisting on native English writers. It really makes no sense having a bad quality native writer! does it?

Well at least i openly say i am a Non Native English writer and i know i am one of THE BEST out there! This is precisely why i run a huge content writing company in which all writers are Non native and we have over 1000+ clients who pay us handsome price!

mirisaamali, Sep 13, 2010 IP
  7. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you call clients who request only native English writers "dumb heads"? It's obvious that when you don't know of specific writers or companies, statistically, you're more likely to get a better article from one who is native English, seeing as there are more bad writers who aren't native, than those who are. No one denies there are non native writers who are very good, there are always exceptions. It's all about personal probability analysis and the average basis. Don't be so arrogant.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
    BRUm, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  8. Dreamconcepts

Dreamconcepts Peon

Best Answers:
    Excellent advice! I ran into the same issue.

Dreamconcepts, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  9. emmataylors

emmataylors Peon

Best Answers:
    Scam or no scam... If you have a certain budget, and all you want is quality info and content from a quality writer, ask for samples and pay in milestones to ensure that the content is up to par with your level of satisfaction before paying the rest. Also check out the content to ensure that it is not copied from the net, (the least you could do). If that budget screams for quantity rather than quality, again there are places to look at. Just remember not to pay more for less quality or vice versa.

emmataylors, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  10. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    @brum: Hey mate, why not hear out the accent of Geoffrey Boycott on YouTube? :)

parsibagan, Sep 15, 2010 IP
  11. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have a beautiful gift for anyone that tries to scam me . I just send them a little program that harmlessly fires their motherboard , CPU , VGA and Hards . Given the fact that most scammers are piss poor idiots it takes them months before they can get back on-line .

ApocalypseXL, Sep 16, 2010 IP
  12. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please send it to me. I have yet to come across any virii/malware that can overclock the cpu to an extent that it burns. Forger about damaging MB, hards, and VGA. I do have an excellent collection of these virii/malware, including the 1st virus... `Brain,' coded by the Sabri brothers of Pakistan. Anyone who fllters their downloads (including webmail accounts through a dedicated email client like `The Bat') will just read the headers of their inbox and kill unnecessary mails (read: mails with attachments from unknown persons) right at the server level. :)

parsibagan, Sep 16, 2010 IP
  13. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    While I wouldn't be willing to try my luck, I highly doubt there is software that can cause physical damage to that much hardware. Parsibagan, the 'brain' virus was the first DOS virus - funny how it wasn't created with this intent though!

BRUm, Sep 16, 2010 IP
  14. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nope brother. The maximum damage that the software can do is writing malicious code to the bios (because the bios is stored on a `erasable, programmable, ROM.' Even then, if the end user configures the motherboard to disable flashing (can be changed if required), then the motherboard becomes immune to viral attacks.

However, most end users are not supposed to know these facts, and this is why quite a number of new motherboards incorporate dual bios and dual power supplies. In the sad event that, a rare virus does manage to corrupt a bios, the other takes over. :)

The brain virus was designed to corrupt the boot sector of floppy disks only. Yes, it was a dos virus (along with many other like raindrop, yahoo, etc) because dos was the prevailing o/s at that time. I'm not sure, but as far as I can recall, Windows 95 had not been released at that time.

If you are paranoid about any executive file, run it in a sandbox. :)

parsibagan, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  15. allwinners

allwinners Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I couldn't work that out myself, lol. There have been two "self-professed" quality writers that have stated this about your rates now, and the only reference I can see that you made to your rates was in the first post; "As a result, you end up paying $15-20 per article..." - and this is a lot more than $3 per article. To those arrogant "self professed" professional writers in this thread, I guess you don't know how to read effectively, in order to write great quality ;)

allwinners, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  16. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, we can certainly discuss your rates. Not much to talk about, really - but you made yourself an easy target and far be it from me to miss a chance to point out the obvious.

In this thread, your rate was less than half a cent per word..

That's....$2 divided by 500 words - in case you "can't work that out" yourself, either.

You also said:

*laughing* What for, calling a duck a duck?

QUACK!

Senobia, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  17. allwinners

allwinners Peon

Best Answers:
    In your haste to take a stab at someone, you forgot to check how to add a proper link in your post. Never mind, I figured out your mistake!

Just to take you down a peg or two, my rates are not up for discussion in this thread, but hey, should you really want to take me on, one on one, please feel free to start another thread. I would be more than happy to point out your inferiority.

Just so you are aware, that post you refer to attracted 28 respondents, of which 17 were suitable for that project, the articles were written in 3 days, the client was happy, he paid the money, and the writers got what was promised. Now "coughing" where my dear do you see anything wrong in that equation?

I can't wait for your ego to respond to this!

18. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    *sits eating popcorn, waiting for Senobia to reply*

Perry Rose, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  19. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I did? Well, then how did you find the post I alluded to?

I beg to differ, sir (term used loosely). Anything you post on a public forum for public consumption IS open to discussion at the time of the public's choosing. I, being a member of said public, will discuss anything I want to discuss any time I want to discuss it in any forum that I wish to discuss it in unless or until one of 2 things happens:

1. You pay my Internet bill.
    2. A forum's rules specifically state "You cannot discuss any other post found on this forum anywhere, ever - so long as you shall login here."

One on one doesn't seem fair (to you) at all. You can bring your buddies to even it out. I don't mind.

At the rate of less than half a cent per word, I do not doubt this statement one bit.

There's nothing wrong with that equation. If some people are content to work for piss poor wages from someone with a piss poor attitude, far be it from me to stand in their way. As I've said many - MANY times before - writers such as those are not in my market and buyers such as you never will be, either.

Please note: The next time you refer to me with a term of endearment such as "dear", you will be receiving an invoice from me. I charge a hefty price for such liberties and less than one half a cent would not even begin to cover it.

Senobia, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  20. allwinners

allwinners Peon

Best Answers:
    call it skill ;)

Wrong! You like everyone else will abide by the following rule, or risk being booted off!

"Hijacking Thread - Do not hijack people's thread/topic. This includes (but not limited to) purposely changing the subject"

My previous threads and rates are not the topic of discussion here. As I mentioned earlier if you want to start a new thread with that subject in mind, go for it!

Buddies are certainly not needed.

Glad we agree on something ;)

exactly, so keep your opinions to yourself!

This could have something to do with the fact that you need to self-justify your own thoughts. Once should be enough if you are staying away from us 'second class citizens"

good for you, again we agree on something!

believe me, that was no term of endearment, but I am thinking such a first class citizen as yourself would have already known that. By all means send an invoice, and I will treat it with the origami it deserves.

If you have anything further to add, please use sign language as I have turned a deaf ear to your inane ramblings.