1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

beware of buying Buddy Zone

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by n1c02, Oct 8, 2007.

anyone who is thinking of buying Buddy Zone better look somewhere else.
    first take a look at my post at

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=95332&page=11

now on to the good stuff..

Ankur called me swearing and threatening to sue me for talking about his support. Said he wanted his software back and I said he didnt have a legal right to do so.

SO.. he writes to my hosting company making claims that I violated the agreement and that i am running a pirated version now because he took his license back... "he said he can for any reason"

first of all I have an attorney here that said there is no legal way that he can do that UNLESS. I SELL it to another company without his approval.. which I didnt
    He claims that I gave it away. first of all prove it....second of all I dont have to....version 2.0 is already available on jsut about any script forum there is..but instead of using the pirate version.. I paid him $400.00 for it and he said he can take away the license at anytime for any reason..

Now he contacted my host with this information and you got it they shut my site down until they investigate.. Now I WILL be back up and running soon.. but in the mean time, I have no site and I will have to file a merchandise fraud claim against him and his company. So this is going to be time consuming as well as cost me more money..

So I tell you go with PHPFOX and you wont have to worry about making ANKUR mad and him shutting you down.. its not worth it...

n1c02
    Terry Brown - disgruntled VASTAL customer
    n1c02@comcast.net

n1c02, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  2. n1c02

n1c02 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just had a long talk with Ankur from vastal today. Anyone else that has had problems with this company might want to check this out

http://www.cyberdatecentral.com/index.php/topic,293.0.html

n1c02

n1c02, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  3. n1c02

n1c02 Peon

Best Answers:
    this is a good way to put a face to the person in charge of Vastal..

Ankur

[​IMG]

n1c02, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  4. jkrish41

jkrish41 Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the alertation.

Seems a bit suspcious.

jkrish41, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  5. n1c02

n1c02 Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah youll have to listen to his audio talking with me.. and he actually had the nerve to tell me that he despised americans and his attorney said that they were going to have security come here and drag me back to india.. I said I dont know how you deal with that in India but htat is kinda like Kidnapping here.....
    anyway heres the audio version if you want to hear it...I will upload the others as i get them on my computer..
    I am only doing this becuase he has threatened me.. he has lied to my hosting company telling them that I pirated his software to get me shut down..and they did twice.. but after they heard htat audio clip.. they will NEVER listen to them again

http://www.thesocialrave.com/view_video.php?id=111

n1c02

n1c02, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  6. n1c02

n1c02 Peon

Best Answers:
    Seems at this point, Vastal and Ankur have disappeared.. His forum is still down and doesnt respond to ANY of his customers emails..

n1c02

n1c02, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  7. SteveAR

SteveAR Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    do you give support for this script? i need help.

SteveAR, Oct 19, 2007 IP
  8. n1c02

n1c02 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes. we have a new site for support for Buddy zone.. since Ankur/vastal wont support anyone at this point

www.cyberdatecentral.com
    thats the new support forum for buddy zone

n1c02, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  9. Turbo-Productions

Turbo-Productions Peon

Best Answers:
    bah I hate seeing / reading situations like these. I hope everything goes well.

Turbo-Productions, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  10. n1c02

n1c02 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks.. but for his current customers we are out of luck i guess. his help forum still down...so i tried to call and get help.. he answered the phone and then hung up..

n1c02

n1c02, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  11. olsen350

olsen350 Peon

Best Answers:
    nc102 -

I think that you handled that phone call completely wrong... you were rude and disrespectful... if I were Ankur, I would have hung up on you.

olsen350, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  12. n1c02

n1c02 Peon

Best Answers:
    Im sorry that you feel that I handled that call wrong.. If you have dealt with this man the way that I have . you might have been worse. trust me when you deal with him its hard to even keep your cool.. The first time he called me was after I emailed him several time for support and he never answered me. So i posted in his forum for help several times with other members helping me.. So I asked him why he wouldnt help me even though I have 6 months support.. He called me at home that night calling me a MF'r and jsut about everyhting in the book.. Said he was taking his script back and I could try to get my money back. Cause I would never see anything from him. So he really got all of this going and still at this point unless you are giving him more money for mods. he wont bother with me or any other customer that I know of.

n1c02, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  13. n1c02

n1c02 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just an update.. Seems Vastal.com has completly shut down their support forum and have deleted the link to it on their website.. So I guess no luck for anyone getting and support..

n1c02

n1c02, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  14. glasshoper

glasshoper Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow. May I know how this whole issue started? :confused:

glasshoper, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  15. n1c02

n1c02 Peon

Best Answers:
    sure.. I bought the script from Vastal for 400.00 that cam ewith 6 months support and one free upgrade... Right off the bat there were alot of problems with the script. Which I have read that he didnt release this 2.0 version as soon as he wanted to because of all the bugs that he wanted to get worked out... well he didnt get them all... anyway... I emailed him a few things that needed fixed.. he so far has fixed on of about 20 things.. i kept emailing him and he wouldnt return my emails.. He stated later that his mail server msut have blocked some of them. Thats funny because each and everytime that I email him, I CC and BCC all of his other email addresses.. so im sure that my emails had went to at least one of them.. So I went to his support forum to get help and to see that I am not alone.. He does this to most of his customers.. We were forced to seek help from each other while our 6 month support runs out.. He would sit there in the forum and wouldnt answer one question, as if he wasnt watching. So i tested him one day.. I posted something about how bad his support was and it took him a total of 20 seconds to jump in and start posting about this.. but yet to respond to any help questions... no now because of this he has shut his support down and refuses to answer anyones questions,, and had my site shut down twice telling my host that I stole his script from him and that it was pirated.. I had to show my host that audio recordinmg and my license.. so Im good with them now. but that jsut shows what levels that ANkur Jain will stoop to...he siad he would give me a refund but I would never get any money from him.. as he laughed...

N1c02

n1c02, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  16. n1c02

n1c02 Peon

Best Answers:
    seems Ankur/Vastal has put a copy of a modified license agreement.. ok now anyone who is planning on buying this better really read this close... The problems that I ran into with Ankur was that he wanted to change the rules and the wording of the agreement as we went.. so that he could jsut take back his license.. This is his words not mine.. He said he can take away your license for any reason that he wants.. Well "MY" license agreement doesnt state that he can make changes to the agreement.. BUT the new one that he posted does... jsut look
    Note: Vastal I-Tech & Co. reserves the right to change/amend these terms at any time depending upon the conditions

you can see the full text at
    http://www.vastal.com/license-agreement.html

For your information.. I have full rights to my own script now that I have made a deal with ANkurs attorney.. I have the rights to do hwatever I wish with this script. As long as I strip Vastal's license from it. So I have had this script modified and will have this for sale for a much lower price... Why so cheap.. As I have discussed this with ANkur.. I am not out to make money from this.. only to give people a reasonable price that everyone can afford

The new site is going to be
    http://www.vastalitech.com

Do I have rights to do this.. Absolutley.. I have a standing agreement with The attorney for Vastal and he and ANkur have agreed to this

Thanks
    n1c02

n1c02, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  17. empireweb

empireweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    wow thanks alerting all of us about this crook, I have gotten burn plenty of time by guys like him

empireweb, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  18. aspire

aspire Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    too many scammers are getting on the board off late. If we can have some mechanism to check some fraudulent activities for the benefit of everyone around here.

aspire, Nov 17, 2007 IP
  19. n1c02

n1c02 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well. I did speka to Vastal/Ankur Jains attorney.. and the agreement was that I have my "own" script now and that I do not follow the guidelines of his license agreement and that I follow my OWN license. So as I have stated to Ankur, since he will not refund my money, I am going to be offering my version of the social software with my license agreement for a fraction of what Vastal is selling theirs for. There are no legalities to worry about as I do have a standing agreement that was made by Vastal's attorney.. So as soon as I have this ready I will post the link...

Ankur did afterwards try to go back on this deal saying that his attorney spoke out of line.. But as I advised him, his attorney was representing his company, and I am well aware that he and his attorney spoke and agreed while I was on this together...

What do you all feel would be a fair price for this script?

N1c02

n1c02, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  20. peter_anderson

peter_anderson Notable Member

Best Answers:
    hope it works out

peter_anderson, Nov 19, 2007 IP