1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Beware of Appsgeyser.com - They will ruin your business and app!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by canaryspace, Sep 3, 2014.

I built an app on appsgeyser.com to bring in extra traffic to my website. The idea of the app was brilliant and it worked, over 12,000 installs so far and lots of traffic to my website.

This all sounds great but as soon as the app got passed 100 installs, appsgeyser.com decided to place non-closeable adverts all over the app on every page. The app is a chat app and the appsgeyser.com ads are covering the chat input box. My app and website is getting a bad reputation because of appsgeyser.com.

Now those who have used appsgeyser.com before will know that you can normally pay $25 to remove the ads per month. What appsgeyser.com do not tell you is that if you have a successful app, they will not only remove the ability to monitize your app and earn the 50% off their ads, they will also remove the option to pay $25 to remove the ads.

My app for my main website is useless, the chat input is covered by massive non-closeable ads so my users can not type to chat.

I have contacted appsgeyser.com and no reply, they are simply making a lot of money from my app whilst my website reputation suffers.

Avoid appsgeyser.com like the plague, they are scammers, thieves and liars.

canaryspace, Sep 3, 2014 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the heads up. It's funny how otherwise good, reputable companies can gradually ruin their reputation by doing something silly, like it is in this case. Who knows maybe one of their reps will come out soon (they usually do after someone posts a negative comment on DP) and the things will change for the better for you.

qwikad.com, Sep 3, 2014 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, this website went into your app source code and added ads to every page? And they did not worry about covering up functionality, etc.? I cannot imagine app developers agreeing to such terms of service in the first place.

jrbiz, Sep 3, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  4. AppsGeyser

AppsGeyser Peon

Best Answers:
    AppsGeyser provides free templates for people to create app. These templates do indeed have ad space built into the technology. As is made clear on our website, ad space appears after 100 downloads and can be shared once the app maker has reached our minimum requirements.
    There is an option to remove ad space, no app maker has to have ads if they do not want them.
    We do not go into your website, AppsGeyser has no control over app content. AppsGeyser is simply a free template provider. http://www.appsgeyser.com/support/

AppsGeyser, May 5, 2015 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, thanks. What is your response to the OP's original comments?

jrbiz, May 7, 2015 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  6. RoundShots

RoundShots Active Member

Best Answers:
    i'm also curious to hear the answer from their side.

RoundShots, Sep 14, 2015 IP
  7. AppsGeyser

AppsGeyser Peon

Best Answers:
    Our terms and conditions do state that apps have banner ads. These ads can be removed for a fee per month to create a premium app. If the ad space is removed there is no option to monetize using banners. Most app makers however, opt to monetize through different sources, such as using space on their app for private advertising. AppsGeyser is a template provider that allows people with no technical knowledge to create android apps for free. If they wish to upgrade then there is an option to upgrade. Most of the app makers choose to remain with the free templates. Most app template providers charge a monthly fee for their basic services, AppsGeyser does not do this.
    Please refer to our FAQ page for more details.

AppsGeyser, Oct 3, 2015 IP
  8. Steve Gossett

Steve Gossett Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried a simple test of this service but not impressed by any means. Yesterday morning I created a test app against my personal blog site and on finishing I tried to download it and was shown that my app was 8632 in their build queue. This morning I tried again and its in their build queue as 5013. Seriously? At this rate Ill me lucky if its ready come Monday. bad first impression. If someone is seriously looking for this kind of service and has this kind of experience it would be epic failure and they would move on to another company. Ive sent them an email on the issue but Ive really lost interest in them. Within 15 minutes I was able to test, and settled on appyet. I only wanted an app that would grab my RSS feeds, nothing more. Over 5,000 builds ahead of me, seriously!?

Steve Gossett, Oct 27, 2015 IP
  9. Daniel73

Daniel73 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I created a few apps there and it was ok until they started placing the annoying spammy ads that constantly redirected users to the google play store. Repeated attempts for assistance were ignored. My suggestion is that if you’re serious, go ahead and pay a few dollars a month for a professional app. You truly get what you pay for. I learned my lesson.

Daniel73, Nov 4, 2016 IP
  10. canaryspace

canaryspace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I took a course in Android app development to avoid using third party builders. Spent a lot of hours learning eclipse and had some success with Google Play, however, made a mistake, got banned and took a year to get my account back. In that year, I took another course for iOS development and have to say, iOS, although it hasn´t got the market share of Android, is a much more pleasant and enjoyable experience. I am no expert at all, still a novice compared to other developers but I would suggest taking a course and keeping everything in-house. This way, you avoid any future problems with third parties placing spammy ads in your apps.

canaryspace, Nov 7, 2016 IP
  11. andrew32767

andrew32767 Peon

Best Answers:
    more Appgeyser scam/problems!!!

I CANT UPDATE ANY OF MY APPS IN GOOGLE STORE !!!!!!!
    I did everything in order step by step and when im about to update my APK file it says it has a different SHA1 key signed in... what is this ?? so i cant really update any of my apps ??? what is going on ?!
    i contacted costumer support but no reply !!

andrew32767, Sep 1, 2017 IP
  12. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Android Studio is a better option. Most developers I have talked to vouch for Android Studio because of their complex understanding of Android. If developing an application, opt for Android Studio.

Spoiltdiva, Sep 2, 2017 IP
  13. dabbu347

dabbu347 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I too have made an app with appsgeyser . com but due to funds problem didn't upload them to Google play store. Now after reading the thread and posts of my friends i don't know where and how to make free app for my blog and then upload them to Google play store without sharing any profits from Google's Ad Mobile revenue. Please suggest what to do? Any leads to free app making site and then after uploading the build app from that website will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

dabbu347, Sep 5, 2017 IP
  14. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You can not always have best of both worlds; When something is free, then often you will find
    strings attached, because those that are offering something "free" will want to be compensated
    in other ways like monetizing your app. Your goal is to create your app, and get traffic to your
    site, if that means sharing a piece of the pie with something you are getting for free, then so be it.

or find you a reputable app builder that will create your app for $100s - $1000s of dollars....

You have to weigh your options. Do you come up with the hard cash, or make
    a deal with the devil, because the devil will want a cut of the profits for giving you something for free....

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    dscurlock, Oct 2, 2017 IP
  15. dabbu347

dabbu347 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks @dscurlock for valuable suggestions!

dabbu347, Oct 2, 2017 IP
  16. Barti1987

Barti1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So they decided that on their own, without warning on their FRONT page or on their FAQ page? Pretty much you failed to do any research and yet you complain.

Then upgrade. Always expect catches when something is free. The world isn't perfect.

The only person I will avoid doing any business with if you, the type of customer I dislike the most. Who do not read anything, expect things for free and when things don't go their way, they complain and blame anyone they can.

How about you go hire a professional and pay thousands of dollars and skip the queue. Free usually is slow. There are also other builders you can use. 5,000 builds seems reasonable to me if they have thousands of users trying to do it. Not sure what you expected for free.

http://lmgtfy.com/?iie=1&q=free+app+builders

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    Barti1987, Oct 3, 2017 IP
  17. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    Just out of curiosity, I contacted an app site the other day about costs of building an app...
    His min price starting price was $2,000 and all the way up to $30,000 which must be
    a god awful blow your mind out of your ass type of app if it cost that much....

so you would already need a somewhat successful business/site before you
    should even consider some type of custom app for your site....

dscurlock, Oct 3, 2017 IP
  18. Barti1987

Barti1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You get what you pay for in programming. If you want to hire a professional programmer be prepared to pay anything between 50-150 / hr. You can find people who will do things for 10/hr but don't expect much.

Another option would be to spend a few hundred dollars, learn app building on your own and do it. Might not be perfect the first couple of times, or easy but you will get the hang of it.

Barti1987, Oct 3, 2017 IP
  19. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    some people simply are not motivated or even have the skill mindset....
    no different then someone buying some cheap template to start their site,
    and hire poor article writers, and seo providers that get their site banned....
    and crap domains like blabladadadododo.com; they could not get anything
    else right, then what makes you think they would ever choose the right domain?

dscurlock, Oct 3, 2017 IP
  20. rockmanlab

rockmanlab Peon

Best Answers:
    You are right...

rockmanlab, Feb 8, 2020 IP