1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Beware, Flippa themselves a scam

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mrforum, Sep 24, 2016.

The marketplace for selling/buying websites/domains/apps Flippa, is a complete scam!!

Even though many of you're gonna tell that it's not Flippa, but some of its users are scam, i will not agree with it. They are INDIRECTLY scamming!

Because they don't really care about the authenticity of the listings, rather their focus is on making sales so they get their fee. (Just like Fiverr, who don't care about the false gigs)

I have seen many website listings which claims it has that & this & bra bla.. But today i came across a listing ( https://flippa.com/6973039-agencymark-com) and i checked the users profile and saw tons of similar sites with same content listed previously and sold!! The user just creates different domains / designs with the same content with little tweaks, and he has sold so many similar sites.

But when we publish this information on the comments section, the comment will be deleted!! Well, if they are really genuine, why should they delete the comment instead of answering & clarifying it ??

Even if the message in the comment is real, Flippa doesn't care about it, that's because they want to keep their marketplace up & active with more sales.

mrforum, Sep 24, 2016 IP
    jaguar34 and robyries like this.
  2. jaguar34

jaguar34 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They indeed a scam as they don't care if the traffic and revenue claimed is genuine and take action against your account if payment is not sent for a website you have won the bid on. And when you founds that the traffic or revenue is not genuine and decides not to pay you never will be able to sell or buy on flippa.

jaguar34, Sep 24, 2016 IP
  3. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Is this a isolated case? Majority of the seller at there provide genuine product and services.

mentos, Sep 24, 2016 IP
  4. jaguar34

jaguar34 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    At-lest happened to me twice on DP here where 1 time member was with reputed 30+ Likes and with writers who would just sit in bedroom but will not make changes to articles. but we are talking about just website deals here hence reputed members also lies and i don't know how they build up reputation because with you they squeezed money of your pocket selling junk site.

jaguar34, Sep 24, 2016 IP
  5. JeffMichaels

JeffMichaels Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to do your own due diligence on Flippa. Flippa is not an escrow service and you shouldn't expect them to act as one. If Flippa is a scam, then so are any other listing sites (e.g., Craigslist).

JeffMichaels, Sep 24, 2016 IP
  6. mrforum

mrforum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not talking about the authenticity of its users, but my concern is, when we bring it to highlight that any inquiries about the listed website, Flippa supports to delete the comment if it cause negative impact on the listing, instead of clarifying it, so if they are really genuine why should they delete it instead of answering ?

I know & seen genuine listings of course, but on the flip side i had to say that Flippa doesn't pay much attention to avoid fraud when they can do it!!

mrforum, Sep 24, 2016 IP
  7. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They are genuine , I don't know why you are not able to see that comments which was placed on this listing.

Attached Files:

Furquan Ahmed, Sep 24, 2016 IP
  8. mrforum

Best Answers:
    But the thing is we cannot expect the commet to be always there, or in many other cases the commets are deleted.

mrforum, Sep 24, 2016 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I've successfully used flippa's reporting system and they're really quick at responding.

Personally I wouldn't rely on comments on the sale having any impact at all - you are relying on their staff stumbling across your comment and giving it the time of day. If it's anything like this forum they rely on reports. I find posts on this forum addressing the mods and it's pure chance that it gets read. If the user really wanted something done they'd work with the system that's been setup. In the case of both flippa and dp it's "reports".

I find it incredibly unfair that you brand them negatively because you can't use the site properly.

sarahk, Sep 25, 2016 IP
    iamalive likes this.
  10. mrforum

Best Answers:
    Well, there is nothing to learn to use the site itself, if we have to put some effort, it will be on researching about the websites listed for sale, and if we find something not good on our research, and we want clarifications, meanwhile letting it know to the other users, we put it on the comments section. If they find the comment may harm their sale, it's deleted, not always though. So i don't think there is an acceptable answer anywhere in this thread for the question of why delete instead of clarifying even if the concern is true? This happened to me many times in the past.

mrforum, Sep 25, 2016 IP
  11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Is the seller able to delete the comment?
    I imagine they would do so (if they can) long before any moderator sees them.
    Continue to comment if that will make you happy, but I don't see why you wouldn't report as well.

BTW every seller will do their due diligence so your comments aren't really necessary.

sarahk, Sep 25, 2016 IP
  12. mrforum

Best Answers:
    Well, i just reported it also, i think i will get the update soon, didn't hear from them yet may be as it's weekend

mrforum, Sep 25, 2016 IP
  13. SimpleTruth

SimpleTruth Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I almost made the mistake of connecting to them. Thanks for the information.

SimpleTruth, Sep 28, 2016 IP
  14. just_tequila

just_tequila Member

Best Answers:
    I can't flame flippa.com because I don't have enough proofs; but, what I can is to make people on being very cautious using their services. Yes, the above post (first one regarding agencymark.com) is REAL! I've been in contact with the seller asking about the price (listing ended unsold) and how the application works. This seller has sold SAME APPLICATION several times! He doesn't not only use different domains but it's selling a piece of crap wordpress (which I am pretty sure he does not ow the rights for selling it) with different themes! Stay away!

Next: another one trying to sell another piece - itrafficdirect.com. This one comes from etrafficreseller.com - which is actually sold by them on their page! So, this guy is selling something which he does not ow!!! Selling others property!

Note: If people are stupid enough to pay for such bull**** (sorry), then they deserve their miserable life. Why don't search BEFORE on every kind of information you can get to see if what you buy is legit or not?

just_tequila, Oct 24, 2016 IP
  15. Bernard Mark

Bernard Mark Member

Best Answers:
    Well, this is why we all need to apply due diligence when using such sites like flippa. People are becoming dubious these days hence the need to apply caution in all our dealings

Bernard Mark, Oct 24, 2016 IP
  16. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    Flippa is a scam for sure because they even allow website with Warez content to be sold on there marketplace and don't take action easily even if the listing is reported. If we ask for clarification about traffic or revenue in comments then they are usually quickly deleted.
    Most of the website there goes unsold and relisted to make there high sales rate claim true while around 50% or more websites are relisted.

degreubiwa, Nov 5, 2016 IP
  17. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Flippa is a scam because they let their sellers throwing the same websites type a few dozen times? so basically every wordpress user is a scam because they use the same theme to create their blog about the same niche? that' a bit silly. if you want something unique, rent a freelancer an ask him to make it for you, dont go to a marketplace

IG2010, Nov 6, 2016 IP
  18. tunescool

tunescool Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    some dude ripped me off on flippa, $450. was gonna give me all his traffic sources, he blew me off everytime i talked to him, kept saying hed help

tunescool, Nov 7, 2016 IP