1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

beware 1and1.com scam

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by hostsaker, May 8, 2013.

please mod put this scam report to the right thread of my post as i cant see where to post website scam report.

last 2 days bought 1 domain name, in their website says domain registration take only 5 mins, but after payment complete, they told me to wait 24 hours for the domain registration (what a fake service they doing)

i paid them using my card, of course after making payment i have locked my card to avoid unauthorize charges, now what they do today, they charge another payment to my card and just im lucky i have locked my card, my card issuer sent me SMS to unlock my card first before making shopping online. so this fraud website is very idiot.

then i get email from them that payment no receive, what the fuck, i paid them 2 days ago, their customer support is very suck, it take 48 hours to get every single response from them.

if you are one of staff at 1and1.com please post your side or fix my issue that way i can update my post. you want proof of payment. i am posting this scam reports to most forums. will see how many clients you lost because of my scam report.

hostsaker, May 8, 2013 IP
  2. Alexbizz

Alexbizz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Did you used coupon code? or any other service which is included in your package (example: another domain)
    This is the reason that i hate sites like 1and1.
    Use Namecheap or Internet.bs because they are #1

Alexbizz, May 8, 2013 IP
  3. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I love 1and1 they are advertising SEO on TV

I don't like 1and1 either to... LOL :)

Revelations-Decoder, May 8, 2013 IP
  4. JasonLP

JasonLP Member

Best Answers:
    1and1 isn't a scam company per se, they are just very horrible at what they do. ;)

JasonLP, May 8, 2013 IP
  5. Revelations-Decoder

Best Answers:
    And very nice/stupid to advertise SEO on TV with what they have to offer and the bite in the bum it will no doubt create for them...

Revelations-Decoder, May 8, 2013 IP
  6. sanil09

sanil09 Active Member

Best Answers:
    1and1 cant be scam, its a reput.. company, should be a misunderstand lol

sanil09, May 9, 2013 IP
  7. Revelations-Decoder

Best Answers:

Maybe not a scam per se as JasonLP said above but try letting a domain expire/drop and see what happens with 1and1...

They don't play nice and normal as you will get billed for a domain you no longer own. Unless you jump through their abnormal hoops.

Last edited: May 9, 2013
    Revelations-Decoder, May 9, 2013 IP
  8. Spineless Monkey

Spineless Monkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    I stopped using 1and1 about 7 years ago.

They tried charging me for a VPS 4 times, of course it never went through but they tried taking me to court for owing them money and it took months to prove that I didn't owe them anything.

I seriously wonder how they manage to survive with how they do business.

Spineless Monkey, May 9, 2013 IP
    Revelations-Decoder likes this.
  9. Revelations-Decoder

Best Answers:

You me and hundreds of others by all accounts Spineles Monkey.

Everyone they have crossed and not played nice with will help make sure 1and1 lose clients though. It's word of mouth advertising gone wrong. And no way on Earth 1and1 can hide it all online. Ha even Reputation.com or top rep management companies can't stop what 1and1 have sown.

This thread will attract members to DP just by being here watch and see if it doesn't.

I know this because I know how 1and1 treat people and some of the things they pull.

I look forward to being able to help those who don't get the results they need from 1and1 SEO tools, by being sucked in by their TV ads, when said people look elsewhere.

Just sort of wish I could have sat on the shoulder of each person they sign up and say "these SEO tools won't get you the results you need, look for better SEO" (and web design for that matter to, ruddy cheap crap) but what can you do...

Last edited: May 9, 2013
    Revelations-Decoder, May 9, 2013 IP
  10. Steve202

Steve202 Member

Best Answers:
    Just want to comment on this point. Up until 5 years ago I used the same host and domain registrar and they always said it would take 24 hours for the domain to be registered. I thought it was pretty normal until I decided to go with another company. The said company went under just after I switched all my websites and domains to someone else. I got out just in time as I've heard a lot of people complaining how they lost their domains and couldn't get them back.

Steve202, May 9, 2013 IP
  11. Simon Hogg

Simon Hogg Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanx for the info I am gona try to keep away from them

Simon Hogg, May 10, 2013 IP
  12. sanil09

sanil09 Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the share. i think i will not use them either in the future :(

sanil09, May 16, 2013 IP