1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Better to Start New? Or Use an Already Established Site?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by glorybeme, Aug 5, 2015.

I have just let several sites sit for the last few years and I am thinking of trying to make money again. Should I start fresh with a new domain and website, or take some of my older sites that have been sitting and redesign, add new content, etc. Will i have an easier time using an already established site? Any advice? I have been out of the game for a few years now.

glorybeme, Aug 5, 2015 IP
  2. lucky ali

lucky ali Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    if your old website have some backlinks, domain authority and ranking then you should use them instead of starting from scretch.

lucky ali, Aug 5, 2015 IP
  3. cwvps1

cwvps1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Whatever is easier for you. But you may find yourself changing your old site and spending as much time doing that as you would spend starting from scratch.

cwvps1, Aug 5, 2015 IP
  4. daftdog

daftdog Active Member

Best Answers:
    Of course I have not seen the sites but I would definitely go with the old domains. Have you been keeping up payments on the domains? Run a check to see if there has been any "bad" backlinks added...

Yes like a good Whisky give me an aged domain any day unless there is something fundamentally wrong with it...like being sandboxed or some other Google punishment!

daftdog, Aug 6, 2015 IP
  5. hareramji

hareramji Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if your old website have good ranking then it's better to use old .

hareramji, Aug 6, 2015 IP
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I'd say it depends on how good/bad your domain names are. Let's say you have a howtomakemoneyonlineforfree.com site. Chances of it seeing the light of day are slim. Getting a shorter and more prominent domain name will do more good in this instance.

Care to share the sites with us?

qwikad.com, Aug 6, 2015 IP
  7. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For the best choice it will be the established website because it will take years to achieve this kind of reputation. But take time to analyze the website for further studies before using it to ensure the performance in the web.

KylieSweet, Aug 6, 2015 IP
  8. kyescontent

kyescontent Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it would depend largely on the reputation of the established site.

kyescontent, Aug 19, 2015 IP
  9. TheAnimatorGuy

TheAnimatorGuy Member

Best Answers:
    As mentioned above it depends on the reputation, quality of the backlinks, etc. But old sites are better if you are planning on selling them later.

TheAnimatorGuy, Aug 21, 2015 IP
  10. jazmyn

jazmyn Member

Best Answers:
    If I was in your corner then I would have started with fresh domain. But it also depends on what is the reputation of that website in eyes of Google. Like If your previous website has good DA, PA, has backlinks then you can certainly go for it.

Thank you

jazmyn, Aug 21, 2015 IP
  11. goscript

goscript Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If the old websites failed, I am not sure what point it would have to spend anymore time with them. Cut your losses, learn from the mistakes and start new websites, but do things different this time so you don't end up with the same results.

As for others saying you to use the old domains because of reputation, it's quite wrong. Think about: the search engines saw that nothing changed for several years, so it's not like they value too much anyway.

goscript, Aug 21, 2015 IP