1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Better "Pages in URL" functionality

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by The Piper, Mar 8, 2005.

Hello there,

I have been using Digital Point's tools for a long time now, besides lurking a lot around these forums, although I have only registered today. So hi to all. :)

The Keyword Tracker is fantastic. I do have one suggestion, though: it would be really interesting to have better "Pages in URL" functionality. What I mean is to have the ability of making graphs and recording the # of pages that Google has indexed, just like we're able to do with back links. Maybe even put the "Pages in URL" in a third tab (along with "Track Keywords" and "Track Back Links").

Also, I read somewhere from one of Shawn's posts that the "Pages in URL" only changes when there's a change in backlinks. It would be nice if it was updated independently of any other factors.

It would be invaluable to have this tool to monitor if Google is in the process of dropping pages from their index and all, and I don't think it would be too hard to implement.

Please take this as a constructive suggestion, not as a critic! The Keyword Tracker is one of the tools I use the most on the Internet. Thanks, Shawn!

The Piper, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can already create graphs on the data (select the graph type from the drop-down list).

As far as recording the changes every day, it's not going to happen... it's way too much data to store for something that's usefulness is arguable.

digitalpoint, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  3. lycrafile

lycrafile Peon

Best Answers:
    how about setting up a Google Alert using the site:www.domain.com query?

it won't give you a graph but it should give you the data to feed into excel

lycrafile, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  4. The Piper

The Piper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply, Shawn (BTW, that was fast! :)), I was unaware of the possibility of changing the graph type. Fantastic!

Lycrafile, nice thought. I will do that but with WatchThatPage instead, let's see how that works. Thanks for the idea.

The Piper, Mar 8, 2005 IP