1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Better Marketing Tool: Twitter or Facebook?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by dpunkz, Jul 3, 2011.

I decided i only want to run one of them for my website... Which one is a better marketing tool? I would assume Facebook is because more people use it. What do you think and why?

dpunkz, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  2. supernal

supernal Member

Best Answers:
    I think Facebook. Not only do more people use it, but because the character limit is a bit longer it gives you more space to tailor your advertising campaigns. They have started to add built-in tools to help you in your marketing, such as ads you can by and the insight tools for your group or fan page.

supernal, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  3. ekfaysal

ekfaysal Peon

Best Answers:
    my personal favourite is facebook but i hv heard people making millions out of Twitter as well

ekfaysal, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  4. blank_czech

blank_czech Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on the kind of community you are going after on your website.

If there is more of an established community around your website, twitter. If not, facebook.

blank_czech, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  5. domonique6

domonique6 Peon

Best Answers:
    Even though you only want to use one over the other.Both would serve a purpose no matter what your business needs.They would allow you access to millions of of people all over the world.You can build a community with either face book or twitter.This may not be the exact answer that your looking for, but both social media sites will open up a new world of possibilities for your business. So just think about it.

domonique6, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  6. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Both are good for marketing, but if your aim is to get clients, then Facebook is better in acquiring new clients than twitter.

eric_wahlberg, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  7. virilemag

virilemag Peon

Best Answers:
    Many people disagree with me on this but here are my two cents.

Facebook is #1 hands down. First of all, more people use FB that Twitter. Facebook is more about sharing while Twitter is more about following. With Facebook, there is a more personal element while Twitter is mostly just random rants by users looking for an audience rather than genuine interaction. I think Twitter is king if you are a celebrity or major brand that hinges off people knowing every update. I work in advertising and everyone in my field has a FB but no one has a Twitter. That says a lot.

The FB fan page is very powerful. Twitter is mostly based on the "Follow me and I'll follow back" mantra among normal users. FB fan pages are basically one way exchanges. You want to get more information about the person/product and that page isnt contingent on returning any sort of communication. It's almost like a forum element.

However, I think if you develop a deep following, Twitter can be used to push your brand. Twitter is also used more in a mobile sense so I don't think people are using it to view links to websites and such as opposed to Facebook. Facebook allows for more interactivity with your users, custom fan pages, etc. Twitter doesn't except for a custom background which most users using Tweet Deck or mobile phones will never see anyway.

IMO, FB is king but Twitter is not to be overlooked.

virilemag, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  8. affiliateblue

affiliateblue Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Facebook is a much better social networking tool than Twitter.

Twitter is nice for posting blog posts and promotional Tweets, but overall I think Facebook is more personalized and engaging.

affiliateblue, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  9. cobbler

cobbler Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure I understand why you wouldn't use both. There are tools you can use to post to both simultaneously if its the extra maintenance you're concerned about. I'd advise against passing up an opportunity to broaden your audience.

cobbler, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  10. Guisbar

Guisbar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter gets the vote for me, short and sweet updates, not time consuming and another marketing avenue, i think you just have to give it time to build up and always promote your social media avenues when ever you can, email sigs, listings, website etc.
    you can also link your twitter with your facebook account, meaning, everytime you make a post on twitter it will also immediately appear on your facebook which is very handy.

Guisbar, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  11. soverign

soverign Peon

Best Answers:
    I say both Twitter and facebook. U can't separate the two. After all most people have
    accounts on both.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
    soverign, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  12. brentb

brentb Peon

Best Answers:
    Do both and set the updates go to both simultaneously. Twitter turns many people off because it is different. I tried twitter when it first came out and hated it. Hadn't touched it until about a month ago. Now I manage like 20+ twitter pages and love it... its way more exciting than Facebook which keeps pissing me off more and more lately pestering me every friend request to verify my phone number and stuff like that.

2cents

brentb, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  13. lowrider.STi

lowrider.STi Member

Best Answers:
    I'd go for Facebook...it's more popular that Twitter and it offers lots of options for promoting your website.

lowrider.STi, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  14. moneynetbus

moneynetbus Peon

Best Answers:
    Use both. Basically facebook and twitter are free advertising to people who are interested in what you have. It dosn't take long to quickly update your facebook wall or to post a tweet, so why would you not take advantage of both social sites?

moneynetbus, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  15. timothywcrane

timothywcrane Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Get a twitterfeed account and hook you blog up to both, and it's automated.

timothywcrane, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  16. kashif.saeed

kashif.saeed Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It depends on the niche of your website if you are running an entertainment, fun or fashion related site then facebook would be best.

kashif.saeed, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  17. garathnormanmtts

garathnormanmtts Peon

Best Answers:
    My opinion is facebook.I am not saying twitter is a bit lower ranked compared to facebook,but facebook is the best according to me in the field of marketing.

garathnormanmtts, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  18. pintoo

pintoo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Facebook is best in linkbuilding and traffic.

pintoo, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  19. weknowonlinemarketing

weknowonlinemarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Facebook is better.

weknowonlinemarketing, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  20. popgals

popgals Peon

Best Answers:
    i like facebook much more , and of course twitter also have more users !

popgals, Jul 6, 2011 IP