1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bestsites.club

Discussion in 'Websites' started by nicelooker, Apr 16, 2016.

[​IMG]
    Hey guys, i launched new free directory for websites. I would appreciate if you review the directory
    www.bestsites.club

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2016
    nicelooker, Apr 16, 2016 IP
  2. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I like the website.
    Here are my opinion:
    A. Positive
    I would list any great things about your site in here:
    1. The design is simple and the text is readable.
    2. Visitor didn't have to click a something just to find sub categories of any category.
    3. There are many sub categories for each website.
    4. Search menu in header will make it easier and faster to find any listing.
    5. Looks like Mobile friendly
    B. Cons
    You may want to use this to improve your site:
    1. I didn't check the site The menu in bottom of your site should be moved or changed to inline.
      Snap 2016-04-28 at 08.57.25 (1).png
    2. The menu in the picture above could be changed into friendly name. Contact Admin and Admin Groups are more human friendly.
    3. Too many subcategories. It may confuse anyone. It is best to only have few or no sub-categories at all. Once there are many listed websites, you may want to add sub categories.
    4. The text "0 listings" could be changed into more attractive text such as "Add your website".
    5. While perform searching in your site, the result is good but it would be better to remove any unuseful text/links above result area.
    6. Your website could load even faster if you tweak your site/server configuration. As far as I know Apache and PHP 5.4 could be tweaked easily.
    7. I don't know if it is important or not, I think you should renew the domain up to five years from today. A directory should have longer expiration date. Five years or more are recommended.
    I didn't fully check the site especially in term of functionality and performance (both site and server) so my opinion above could be wrong. Full assessment would take much longer times but I think it is enough for today. :)

Arick unirow, Apr 27, 2016 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I can't abide directories with empty categories eg http://bestsites.club/games/board-games/
    Create the category, then go find some board games you can list - like monopoly - they're never going to submit and they lend credibility to your site.

Until you have some decent traffic coming to your directory I'd be omitting the views and clicks data

upload_2016-4-28_15-36-11.png

I'd also be centering the labels over the columns - see the green theme for how it should look.

I'd probably ditch the ability to change the theme, creates work for you and distracts from the purpose of the site.

it's good to see WSN scripts still going. Haven't used them in a very long time but for a while there they had the best directory scripts around.

sarahk, Apr 27, 2016 IP