1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Wordpress theme for a tech review site/blog?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by sirile, Jan 3, 2017.

Good day all,

I am planning to make a content website where I post 3-5 articles every week in the tech and gaming peripherals/news niche with Adsense and Amazon as an income source.

I am looking for some themes that would suit a tech blog, preferably as cheap as possible.

Currently, I am hesitating between these two themes (Please let me know if links are not allowed):
    ListMag ($29): http://anthemes.com/themes/listmagwp/
    It looks like it has a lot of features and it has a lot of Ad slots which might be handy for Adsense conversions.

Benavente (Free):https://www.orange-themes.com/benavente/
    This one is free and looks like it has just as many features as ListMag, only that the footer has the theme credit on it.

Do any of you have a theme to suggest?

Thank you.

EDIT: I want to ask apart from that, can you add sidebar and in-article ads on whichever theme there is as long as there is HTML support and custom widget support?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    sirile, Jan 3, 2017 IP
  2. caxyxn

caxyxn Member

Best Answers:
    REHub Theme on Themeforest might be a good solution for you. It's one of the best I've used so far.
    Costs $39 and excellent value for money.
    Good luck.

caxyxn, Jan 4, 2017 IP
  3. sirile

sirile Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the suggestion, I really like the RePick child theme inside of REHub, I do however wonder how well it would integrate with Adsense ads placed on the sides etc and if you could use it as a news website apart from just being a review site.

Right now there is also Magneto: http://bk-ninja.com/magneto_game/homepage-2/ that I really like, it's $29 and looks like it can do the job but I wonder if the pages are too cluttered and won't convert much.

sirile, Jan 5, 2017 IP
  4. Amarkolom

Amarkolom Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually there is no perfect example of good or best. Your choice & personality can be different from other. But Ramble Theme from themeforest can be a good solution.

Amarkolom, Jan 6, 2017 IP
  5. VeronicaSmith

VeronicaSmith Member

Best Answers:
    The best and unique themes for tech news websites are:
    • Newsmag PRO
    • MagOne
    • MagXP
    • Flex Mag etc.
    You can search coupons to get some discount on these themes.

VeronicaSmith, Jan 30, 2017 IP
  6. Guitar Prince

Guitar Prince Member

Best Answers:
    I highly recommend premium genesis child themes

Guitar Prince, Jan 30, 2017 IP