1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Wordpress Hosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Harris96, Jan 24, 2016.

1. nerdipod

nerdipod Member

Best Answers:
    For me Uptime and Speed, Support and Price are very important factors when choosing a right web host. Would also prefer a cpanel host.

nerdipod, Aug 1, 2016 IP
    rumsfo likes this.
  2. Kadabra

Kadabra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've used about a dozen different hostings. A year ago switched to Siteground - one of the best things I've done. Cannot even compare how much they are better than all the rest.
    First in terms of speed - first byte within 0.15 sec.
    Seconds- their support is amazing. Average reply within 20 seconds. They actually know what they are doing and not just forwarding you to someone. They even fixed things for me that were not really related to hosting: some issues that I've created with SSL, caching issues and so forth.
    A bit more expensive than the rest, but truly worth it.

Kadabra, Aug 1, 2016 IP
  3. euro-space

euro-space Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Could you please explain how do you measure for instance support and uptime? Do you actually host any of your websites with the listed providers? And if yes, could you please provide links for the verification purpose? Otherwise, paid "forum posters" are also love to advertise companies, who give commission for the promotion, you know.

euro-space, Aug 1, 2016 IP
  4. Kadabra

Kadabra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Godaddy - not so good. If that's also your registrar then really not recommended.
    Bluehost - ok. The support is ok, but usually very low level of English.
    Hostgator - the shared hosting is pretty slow. The average waiting time on livechat is 25 minutes.

Haven't tried the other 2 but heard good things about Liquid Web.

Kadabra, Aug 1, 2016 IP
  5. Karly_C

Karly_C Peon

Best Answers:
    If hosting provider has a livechat, ask the questions what you think is the best hosting service. I recommend you to ask security related questions, uptime guarantee rate, 24/7 support availability etc.

Karly_C, Aug 30, 2016 IP
  6. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For helping many other guys about choosing a right hosting that already have Wordpress supported, I have this post that can help you choose and decide which server is suitable for you. If you seriously want to buy, please visit and read this article here best Wordpress hosting, then research and choose which is the best suit you.

I hope this helps.

daica85, Sep 18, 2016 IP
  7. MechanicWeb-shoss

MechanicWeb-shoss Active Member

Best Answers:
    Few things to consider before choosing a hosting for WordPress.

WordPress is not a typical PHP script. With a few plugins and themes it requires far more server resources (IO, RAM, CPU) to run. The more IO you have the faster your server will process the files of your website. You should also have adequate amount of RAM (both virtual and physical) and CPU. A server with intel server (Xeon) processors tends to offer better performance with multi-threaded operations.

You should be looking at providers offering CloudLinux. It isolates each user into its own virtual environment so that issues from other users do not have any impact.

You should have an outbound email filter (such as SpamExperts). It will Keep your IP safe from being blacklisted in an event when a bad/compromised script starts to send out unsolicited emails. The major reason for an IP to be blacklisted is unsolicited emails.

Backup. You should always maintain your own periodic backup. But having a provider that offers a dedicated backup solution that is automated and stored on a different server for an extended period of time can be helpful. For example, R1Soft is an industry leader for backup for shared hosting. But some providers use it and store that backup for 7 days and a few store for 30 days. You should be looking at providers that offer 30 days.

These should be the primary concerns before choosing a provider for hosting your wordpress sites. If you need any assistance or help, you are welcome to contact us at https://www.mechanicweb.com

MechanicWeb-shoss, Sep 27, 2016 IP
  8. NuWebHosting

NuWebHosting Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's a words game, plus popularity, a good web host is one that fits your needs. We aren't speaking SharePoint hosting compared to wordpress, we're speaking wordpress to wordpress. They all provide the same, i.e. Linux hosting, or windows hosting with WAMP installed. Support and knowledgebase of the team is the only key, not best wordpress hosting.

NuWebHosting, Oct 4, 2016 IP
  9. antonione77

antonione77 Peon

Best Answers:
    WpEngine looks the more specific hosting for Wordpress but I would go for siteground... it is also much much cheaper

antonione77, Oct 9, 2016 IP
  10. OtB WordPress Hosting

OtB WordPress Hosting Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you're looking for cheap, then yeah - SiteGround is the only relatively cheap host that is any good. Go with the $7.95 / mo plan - they have a cheaper plan, but it doesn't include the caching software that makes them so much faster than the cruddy big name hosts.

Anyone that tells you thet GoDaddy, BlueHost or Host Gator is good is flat out lying to you, or doesn't know what they're talking about. Those hosts are terrible. DreamHost has a good rep from what I've seen, and is better than the big name hosts I just panned, but SiteGround is faster in my testing.

If you're talking a business website, I'd go with Lightning Base or Flywheel. They're more expensive than cheaper "shared" hosts like SiteGround, and have lower traffic limits, but they're faster than any shared host.

No host is best for all situations. If you have a site that needs to scale, for instance, I'd recommend a cloud VPS like Cloudways over any of the above I mentioned. You can also improve the speed of whatever host you go with by using a CDN like CacheFly. CloudFlare is a free CDN, but isn't as fast - both will improve your uptime to very near to 100% though.

OtB WordPress Hosting, Oct 15, 2016 IP
  11. antonione77

antonione77 Peon

Best Answers:
    I use GoDaddy for buying domains but I link them to siteground. I think keep all the domains on GoDaddy and use a different web hosting it's the best choice

antonione77, Oct 18, 2016 IP
  12. Gagsburg

Gagsburg Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    use domain from one company and hosting services from the other.
    Don't keep all your eggs in one basket.

Gagsburg, Nov 1, 2016 IP
  13. Encopyho

Encopyho Peon

Best Answers:
    Before choosing a web host, try to contact it directly and ask questions like these:
    - What are the ramifications for organizations that eat up bandwidth and storage in a shared hosting environment?
    - How does the hosting provider mitigate these types of issues?

Just see how professional they are and how fast they will respond to your questions.

Encopyho, Nov 1, 2016 IP