1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best website script for a website with over 100,000 pages that comes with a good search feature?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Jenget, Aug 6, 2014.

Hello, what would be the best script for a website that has over 100,000 pages, that comes with a good search feature?

For example if I had a website that had over 100,000 pages of game names, (video game names, board game names, internet flash game names, etc.) what script would allow users to easily search for the name of the game?

My hosting service has Softaculous so if you could recommend anything from there that would be great.

Would Wordpress work well with a site like this?

Jenget, Aug 6, 2014 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    What I'm wondering is... 100k pages? What the hell for? You have... maybe 10-20 pages, and a database backend with the information to put on said pages. Having individual pages for each and everything you want to show is... ridiculous. I hope you're just not very web-savvy, and misrepresented the problem, but...
    If you have a DB-backend, on the other hand, anyone with a littlebit of coding skills can build a search-function, regardless of what front-end you're using.

PoPSiCLe, Aug 20, 2014 IP