1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Ways To Market a New Online Store

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by danthemarketman, May 10, 2016.

I'm looking for ideas (that have worked) for marketing a new online store. Right now we run adwords and post to social media every other day. We have a newsletter that goes out twice a month. Ideas? Thanks!

danthemarketman, May 10, 2016 IP
  2. danthemarketman

danthemarketman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you want to see what the online store looks like as well, here's the link: www.watertecdrip.com

danthemarketman, May 10, 2016 IP
  3. seo_matic

seo_matic Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What you need to do is perform SEO on your site to rank in Google. In this way, you will gain more potential customers. I was able to do this in an amazon-affiliate website before and it worked. Send me a PM if you're interested.

seo_matic, May 10, 2016 IP
  4. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to first fix your site with proper on-page as well as off-page optimization, SEO. Then you can promote your store in some popular groups and fan pages on FB. Try to make some funny or attrative videos, with unique titles and post them on video sites, share it with your friends too.

These days every person has good amount of friends online. Even my FB account has crossed limit of 5000 friends, so start with your own friend's circle. Request your good friends to share or discuss about your online store.

China_girl, May 11, 2016 IP
  5. danthemarketman

danthemarketman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Is there a reason you think we haven't done this already? I'm very curious because I was under the impression that the company that made our site had done SEO optimization already. Thanks!

Thanks I appreciate the feedback! I don't have nearly that many friends on FB, but I did invite them to like the page. Maybe I'll take your advice and ask them to rate the page, comment on some posts, or something similar.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
    danthemarketman, May 11, 2016 IP
  6. Great1001

Great1001 Peon

Best Answers:
    As far i'm concerned, your site looks great. It is filled with quality contents. However, we can always get better with whatever we're doing. Even if you do have an SEO, it won't hurt to keep improving on it.

"What you do today can improve all your tomorrows."
    - Ralph Marston

Great1001, May 11, 2016 IP
  7. WebmasterPhil

WebmasterPhil Member

Best Answers:
    You seem to got the 2 fastest way to market your online store: PPC and Social Media.

Although it would be helpful if you can elaborate more on social media (which ones and how).

You can also advertise on Craigslist and depending on your store, forum marketplaces. You can also setup an eBay or Amazon store.

WebmasterPhil, May 11, 2016 IP
  8. JudySlean

JudySlean Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello, use SEO methods! I think that very important to use social networks, if you need online marketing! I think it will be very easy and interesting for you!

JudySlean, May 11, 2016 IP
  9. nosheen hayat

nosheen hayat Banned

Best Answers:
    Try SEO Method for promote your online store. You can hire someone for this who expert in giving SEO service

nosheen hayat, May 12, 2016 IP
  10. Jason Watts

Jason Watts Peon

Best Answers:
    There are two things I suggest you do.

1. Focus on building a subscriber list
    2. Find complementary companies

Let's talk about building your subscriber list first.

The reason you want to do it is to create your own audience.
    You want to develop a relationship with them so they can begin to know, like and trust you.
    People only buy from places they trust and if someone lands on your website for the first time they have no idea who you are.

Your email newsletter is the best way to get them to know you.
    And get them to buy.

Let me tell you a story about what happened to me.

I was the marketing manager for a local area rug cleaning company in the city I live in.

The owner had developed an entire line of are rug cleaning equipment that we got manufactured for us in Alabama and sold worldwide.

We spent a significant amount of time and resources building up our email list as fast as we could.

The reason was because we wanted to talk directly to each subscriber about the products we had in greater detail.

Something that we could never do on a single sales page.

I literally wrote an email everyday to the area rug cleaners on our list for a year straight (5 days a week).

Each email was about 300 words on average and described a single aspect of a product and the benefits it gave.

I would do stories, testimonials, problems, solutions, pretty much anything I could think of.

Now you would think people would unsubscribe in droves from getting a daily email, right?

Especially in a B2B situation.

Nope.

A few people did but then I found out they were never really our customer anyhow.

What actually happened is our sales went ballistic.

We outstripped out manufactures ability to produce machines for us.

Which caused us a whole new set of problems.

The point is - you need to build an email list asap.

The way to do it is to come up with a special report people can download as soon as they land on your website.

Maybe something like "The top 7 mistakes to avoid when installing drip irrigation"

Not sure if that is a real topic or not but I think you get the idea.

Okay let's talk about complementary companies.

These are companies that are not competitors but share the same target market as you.

In your case since you sell drip irrigation systems then the following companies would be complementary

• landscapers
    • nurseries
    • garden supply stores

They already have a list of the exact type of customer you want, so why go looking anywhere else?

You can do all the fancy SEO tricks you want to drive traffic to your website but that takes a huge amount of time, effort and energy.

It's much better to focus all your resources in building relationships with people who have the audience you're looking for.

For example you can work out a joint venture deal with them whereby they recommend your company to their customer list in exchange for some kind of consideration (i.e. affiliate commission).

It doesn't matter if they are online or off. If they have a customer list then there are lots of ways to get them to your site.

The point is once you want their list of customers to get on your subscriber list so you can sell them your other products (with email marketing).

I could go on for hours about this topic but I think you get the idea.

If you have any questions let me know.

Thanks,

Jason Watts

Jason Watts, May 12, 2016 IP
  11. Sonya M

Sonya M Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi Jason,
    Thank you for the awesome response to Danthemarketman! That's a lot of useful information! :)

Sonya M, May 12, 2016 IP
  12. TomRider

TomRider Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nowadays, it is very popular method to use Social media marketing. The reason of this is that more and more people use different social networks, and with the help of these networks you can make your products very popular and your store too. Also you can optimize your online store for the most popular sarch engines, such as Google, Yahoo and Bing. And I think that email marketing is also one of the popular and effective ways to increase popularity of your store!

TomRider, May 23, 2016 IP