1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to use Yahoo Answers?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Ben-AceofTech, Oct 27, 2009.

Hello all,

Recently I have been using Yahoo Answers through a personal Yahoo account I have. After I answered a question thoughtfully and usefully (more than 50% of my answers are best answers) I will put my website in the sources box.

Though this has been doing me well, I am wondering if it is better to brand your account with your website. For example, my website is AceOfTech (as you may have guessed) and I was wondering if its better to answer questions as just another user putting your site in the sources box, or having your username be your website, then have a link in your profile to your website.

I hadn't read anywhere that Yahoo doesn't allow these types of accounts, but on a marketing standpoint, how should I approach it?

Cheers,
    Ben

Ben-AceofTech, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  2. richromo

richromo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have used yahoo answers and I seriously doubt they will approve of using your company or business name. They are well versed in the answers being used for back links and I would suggest not using Ace. May or may not be against TOS but I would think it might get you removed.

richromo, Oct 27, 2009 IP
    Ben-AceofTech likes this.
  3. Ben-AceofTech

Ben-AceofTech Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good thought you have there... I had it branded for about a day but I just quickly changed it back. +Rep added :)

Ben-AceofTech, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  4. deeprules

deeprules Guest

Best Answers:
    I was checking website and seen that diganswers also allows to place website link in source box. Will this be count a one way to my website or follow link.

deeprules, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  5. richromo

richromo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Diganswers is do follow. I don't know what their policies may be as to how many answers you have to have, or if the answer has to be the best answer to met the level of a link back being given? Check their TOS

richromo, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  6. shobi khan

shobi khan Peon

Best Answers:
    I think yahoo answer are not dangerous for anyone. It is usefull anyway.

shobi khan, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  7. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    yahoo answer is good source if u focus for traffic and not for back link

newlogo, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  8. boyle7

boyle7 Peon

Best Answers:
    yahoo answer is a good benefits for site

boyle7, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  9. andrewhayn1

andrewhayn1 Peon

Best Answers:
    The source box provided at the bottom of your answering page is the source of reference for your answer. As said, it is better you share your link as some one else.

And yahoo answers is a very best source for traffic. Good answers you made at right category questions will help your business a lot.

andrewhayn1, Oct 29, 2009 IP