1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to use Facebook?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by BP77, Apr 23, 2008.

I've used MySpace in the past with some good success to get traffic to my website.

I'm looking at how I can use Facebook to drive traffic to another site of mine, and quite frankly, I'm stumped.

The site in question doesn't have Adsense or similar advertising, nor does it sell anything.

With MySpace, admittedly I bended the rules a little at first to get people to my page, and as a result, to my site. But I don't see how I can do that with Facebook.

As good as the site is, is it pointless even looking into this? I've started on a page with info on the site, RSS feeds etc, but I'm not convinced it's worth my time and energy.

Thoughts/experiences?

BP77, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  2. biziboy

biziboy Peon

Best Answers:
    facebooks spam is airtight. you dont have too many options other than creating a group and a fanpage and hoping it gets big... you can pm me if you need some more help

biziboy, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  3. BP77

BP77 Peon

Best Answers:
    My intention wouldn't be to spam it. But other than putting links on my own site, and creating a FB page, how can I get traffic to the page? Even using legit methods, it seems a lot tougher to do than MySpace would be.

Also, if people have similar experiences with other similar sites such as Bebo (which I've never used), feel free to comment! :)

BP77, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  4. Squirrel_monkey

Squirrel_monkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    The advertising on Facebook works pretty well. It appears down the side and in the feed. Although there aren't many design options you can tweak allot of other stuff and you can target your traffic very specifically. I'm experimenting with it at the moment and I'm quite pleased.

Squirrel_monkey, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  5. prince4life

prince4life Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you seen conversion with this?

prince4life, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  6. Activeweb

Activeweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd also like to know if Facebook ads have converted for you. I've been considering giving it a go.

Activeweb, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  7. Stas

Stas Peon

Best Answers:
    Traffic from facebook converts.

I happen to run a facebook ad network that runs ads on applications and I have quite a few people using my network to drive traffic directly to their sites or their offers.

Here is a blog post from the Zohark blog about an affiliate marketer that used Zohark to make $1k in one day. Here is the link to his blog post as well.

I am happy to answer any questions you may have about advertising on facebook. Feel free to ask away here, via PM, or live and in person 800-975-1537, x-703.

Cheers,
    Stas

Stas, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  8. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    After visiting your page . |I signed up but could not get code without an API. Where is the API for regular facebook user if you are not a developer?

SFOD_D223, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  9. Stas

Stas Peon

Best Answers:
    The reason we ask for the API is because Zohark is only open to application developers for ad display. Zohark is certainly open to anyone that wants to buy ads but the display of ads is only for developers on the apps they created.

The display of ads on one's profile page is against facebook's TOS.

I hope that helps and is clear - please feel free to ask more if it's not.

Cheers,
    Stas

Stas, Apr 23, 2008 IP