1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to resize a batch of pictures to a fixed size and making corners as well?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Edz, Feb 10, 2006.

I would like to know what the best option would be for me to process a batch of images into a single size, i.e. 80x120...and also giving them rounded corners?

Any suggestions guys?

Edz, Feb 10, 2006 IP
  2. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    batch resize is easy. rounding the corners is probably a little tougher. I'm sure a photoshop macro could be made to do that. Sometimes I use this to make thumbnails real quick:

http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/index.php?2.8

Lately, I just use photoshop though - easier and I can control the resolution too.

lorien1973, Feb 10, 2006 IP
    Edz likes this.
  3. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the link Lorien, that looked very helpfull and will be trying it out as soon as i have my collection of images ready.

I was wondering if there isn't a tool that can stamp out the images from a mold so to speak...i know it sounds strange but if you can give it a overlay of some sort of shape and then cut everything of outside the overlay in a automated manor.

That would be exactly what i need.

Edz, Feb 10, 2006 IP
  4. dkessaris

dkessaris Peon

Best Answers:
    You can try creating an action like this, or using this one if it suits your needs

You can add a custom shape over the image-> selects the pen tool (p) -> Right click -> Select "MakeS election" (or something like this I am too lazy to start PS) -> Invert the selection (ctrl+shift+i) -> press delete
    If you want your picture to be on a transparent background make sure you unlock the image layer before deleting (if it is the background layer of course )

Hope that helps

Attached Files:

dkessaris, Feb 10, 2006 IP
  5. corena

corena Peon

Best Answers:
    <style type="text/css">
    div.corner {border: 1px solid red; width: 25px; line-height: 0; height: 25px;}
    </style>
    <div id="left">
    <div class="corner" style="float: left;"></div><div class="corner" style="float: right;"></div>
    <div class="Article"><h3>Main Menu</h3>
    <div class="ArticleBody">
    <ul class="treemenu">
    <li>Top Level Item
    <ul><li><a href="">List Item 2</a></li></ul>
    </li>
    <li>Top Level Item 2
    <ul><li><a href="">List Item 3</a></li></ul>
    </li>
    </ul>
    </div>
    <div class="ArticleFooter"><p>&nbsp;</p></div>
    </div>
    <div class="corner" style="float: left;"></div><div class="corner" style="float: right;"></div>
    </div>

corena, Feb 13, 2006 IP
    bentong likes this.