1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to remove bad links?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by scott2342, Jan 14, 2015.

Hi,

I recently was effected by the new penguin update and I was using a automated link builder... Not a great idea I suppose.

I need to analyse my back links and attempt to remove the bad offenders.

1) What is the best tool to analyse links coming into your website?
    2) How to know if its good or bad apart from just "looking at it with your eyes". I notice some back link analysis tools tell you their D/A, PR and others. However you have to pay for these tools to see more than around 10 links.

I can't decide whether it would be easier to hire someone to remove the bad back links or do it myself.

Anyway, What's the best tool for analysing back links, Accessing whether they are good or not, Then removing them.

Thanks

scott2342, Jan 14, 2015 IP
  2. cthulchu

cthulchu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    1. ahrefs and google search;
    2. the best way is always looking at the links with your eyes. You also can write a parser that would go and analyze links, but obviously it's not gonna be accurate;

There are no reliable tools to analyze backlinks (I use only ahrefs and google search/WMT). And there is no tool for removing links...

cthulchu, Jan 14, 2015 IP
  3. davidjhon123

davidjhon123 Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to check exactly then you need to check links of your site one by one. disavow tool in web master is very useful for the removal of bad links. Make a file of bad links and send it to the Google through disavow tool. 'Thats all'

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    davidjhon123, Jan 19, 2015 IP
  4. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Using ahrefs.com is the best way to go, in my opinion, when it comes to knowing your backlinks and to analyze them as well.

Best way to remove those backlinks, is by setting up a new domain and transferring all the content from the old domain to the new one. Fastest and easiest way to go, especially if you been hit with a penalty of some sort.

Otherwise, the disavow tool works well too. It just takes some time for those links to be removed, especially if you have a GREAT amount of SPAM/CRAPPY backlinks.

Holla!

GuruCreation, Jan 23, 2015 IP
  5. nehasharma06

nehasharma06 Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all you can download your website backlinks from google webmaster tools and you can check the manual you back links and disavow the bad links in Google disavow tools

nehasharma06, May 21, 2015 IP