1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to market my new site? Also need feedback

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by NewAppetite, Apr 28, 2013.

Website: newappetite.com ( Still in beta and sorry for the slow speed. New hosting is the next stage.)

Hey guys! I am brand new to this community and really appreciate any help you are willing to offer. I created a site with a friend really just for amusement and fixing a problem we had. We were advent followers of reddit music and loved how the community shared new music together. As of recently a lot of the songs have been very mainstream and recyled many times. A lot of the times the posts dont even contain any music.. Its just about drama or information pertaining to an artists life. We wanted to recreate that that experience, but more refined and suited to find better music. Much of the music we find anyways is through youtube or soundcloud. So we figured why not just make it easy to post?

Heres a more in depth explanation of the site:

What the site is all about:
    New Appetite has one simple goal in mind; to bring its users new music in a fun collaborative manner with a unique interactive point system. Many genres are presented on New Appetite to satisfy everyone’s taste in music. Users have the ability to post a link to a selected song they enjoy or even created. The catch is that we do not have any influences from record labels or over saturation from popular artists. Any songs found on the site that are currently in any mainstream top 100 lists or have been in the past, will not be allowed. We have detections set in place help combat this issue for the website. This includes I-tunes, Billboards 100 and other mainstream avenues for music. In response to this issue, New Appetite hosts its own most popular lists. The website is a point driven community in which users can gain points for sharing music and voting upon links. This helps give people the incentive to share music with others and make the sharing experience more fun. The points actually count for something on our site and can be exchanged for special items. Each song/link posted has a duration of one month. This helps give a song time to become popular and also filters out when enough people have discovered it. Previous songs that have recently made the most popular list can no longer do so or be posted. This aspect helps users have the freshest experience possible every time they visit New Appetite.

We are currently working adding a feature that would auto play the links and move onto the next song. So you wouldn't have to keep clicking play or next.

So my friend and I decided maybe the website has some potential? We wanted to here other opinions about it and what would be the best way to market something like this. We are also looking for people who want to get involved with the site.

NewAppetite, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  2. buzza_gts

buzza_gts Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's going to be hard to build an active community, perhaps you need to leverage of the reddit community by creating daily playlists of songs posted to reddit.

buzza_gts, May 1, 2013 IP
  3. NewAppetite

NewAppetite Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the reply and advice. I think thats a good idea to have some of the same songs.. Perhaps would make for an easy transition? Also I was thinking about adding a favorites option for users. They could have the ability to share a playlist of saved links.

NewAppetite, May 2, 2013 IP
  4. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use social media, especailly Twitter. social media is the easiest free way to reach thousands of people with your message. good luc,k.

ninjamtlt1, May 2, 2013 IP
  5. AdscendTony

AdscendTony Member

Best Answers:
    How are you planning to monetize the site?

AdscendTony, Jun 24, 2013 IP
  6. saurabh11

saurabh11 Member

Best Answers:
    The best way to market a website is to post your website many places as possible.

saurabh11, Dec 12, 2013 IP