1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to market my business?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by scott2342, May 27, 2014.

Hi Guys,

I have two websites. One is www.pclivehelp.co.uk that provides services such as online computer repair and support plans. Also web design, SEO etc.

The other is a experience company called www.1weeksale.com. Provides experience days, retailer deals etc. Both are live so please have a look and see what you think, please provide any criticism.

I need to know the best ways to market these sites. Currently I'm looking at:

Leaflet dropping
    Email Marketing
    Facebook unique ads (Computer help & SEO services)
    Social Network Competition (Hard to get a lot of people to take part)
    Long tail keywords SEO (Can i compete with high competitive keywords?)
    Adwords but is very expensive

Alot of the time i can get clicks but they never turn into sales. For instance i'd like to do facebook ads and adwords for 1weeksale but i think too many would click and not buy.

I currently have Facebook pages for them both. On the 1weeksale one I'm running a competition which has gained me a few likes. Oh also feel free to join in if you're in the Uk > https://www.facebook.com/1WeekSale

Which is the best? What have i overlooked? I need a couple of advertising methods that won't cost loads and gets me a good return. People use my service, like my service and I know people have a need for it but it's just the frustration of getting more people to know about it. For instance my pclivehelp company, i get told time after time "Oh i wish we knew about you before" or they will recommend me to 2 other people which is great. Leaflet dropping for my computer company does alright, but what have you all found works the best for you?

If i can just narrow down a couple of marketing techniques that brings in more money than it does out i can then push my businesses forward.

Cheers,
    Scott

scott2342, May 27, 2014 IP
  2. Ence Litsep

Ence Litsep Active Member

Best Answers:
    First and foremost. SEO should be one of the more important things you are doing. I would then target Social Media. Namely Pinterest for the 1weeksale.com. There are thousands of pins about saving money and great deals, which is the perfect niche for your website. I would start repinning content that has to do with your website and pin all the deals you post on there. To help with your SEO I would start a Newsletter that went out weekly at least; where you would describe the deals and news for that week or any sweet events that happened. Like you competition and the winner. As you bring more relevant content to the table more people will like you on facebook and follow you on Pinterest. If you are trying to get a local community envolved I would target blogs if I felt the community was very cyber savy or I would go the leaflet route if I thought that my target users were more into the hands on stuff. In consideration of the email marketing I would say get emails use emails but don't rely on emails to spread the word about your business. You should create a list and use it but don't buy an email list of generic users and start sending them spam.

These are some of my thoughts. I wish you the best in your ventures.

Ence Litsep

Ence Litsep, May 27, 2014 IP
    nase685 likes this.
  3. scott2342

scott2342 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok Thanks for the advice, I'm unsure on how pin interest works but i'll have to watch a video or something. As for SEO, long tail keywords or short competitive? I think 1weeksale could do well from blogs/forums but pclivehelp would suit a much more hands on approach. Yes I was going to look into buying b2b email lists for pclivehelp support but i'm unsure. I will build up a customer list for it. As for 1weeksale I've got a newsletter on that at the moment from running competitions.

scott2342, May 27, 2014 IP
  4. Ence Litsep

Ence Litsep Active Member

Best Answers:
    To get started and to see how pinterest could work in your favor check this out http://www.pinterest.com/pinnablebiz/ it has everything you probably want to know about pinterest.

Ence Litsep, May 27, 2014 IP
  5. John Pagulayan

John Pagulayan Member

Best Answers:
    Here's one age old technique that never loses effectiveness: Email marketing.

Setup squeeze pages to capture their emails on the right hand side of your site. That way, you can continue marketing to them. Offer something of value that they can get for free in exchange for their email so there goes your traffic. But, if you can capture this traffic, you can market to them over and over until they opt out of your list.

One interesting fact about buyers is that 87% of the time, they are not ready to buy when they land on your website.

The solution, get their email and market to them through email. People usually buy on an average the 7th time they are exposed to your marketing message.

Also don't forget to add opt in boxes at the end of your post or pages especially if you're blogging as well. It increases the chance that they will opt in with their email.

Using this, any traffic you're planning to drive to your site whether it be using leaflets, SEO, pinterest, offline, paid ads, forum posting, etc...will not go to waste and will yield better results.

Hope that helps.

John Pagulayan, May 27, 2014 IP
  6. spyrit

spyrit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Scott,

You could try Facebook marketing it works really well especially for your niched. It's like this, you go and search for groups in your niche and join as many of them as you can. After you join them you either post your ads in each of them, or post a good post on one of your pages(you said you have two) and after that share that post in all those groups. This will lead to quite a lot of traffic and likes to your pages and ultimately to your site. You can do all this manually it will take a while but it will work, or you can do it automatically, I recommend the tool in my signature, it works great and you can test it for 15 day for free and see how it works in your case.

spyrit, May 29, 2014 IP
  7. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    I think you have a great plan -- a combination of offline and online marketing. That's important when trying to reach people and making a presence, especially when trying to sell locally.

Alyssa Lochmore, May 30, 2014 IP
  8. janinaherz

janinaherz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should follow every marketing aspect whether it is online or offline, in business the aim is to reach as many people as possible.

janinaherz, May 31, 2014 IP
  9. nase685

nase685 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree that you should exploit every marketing avenue you can afford and also adds the most value to your goal which is reaching your target audience. Facebook and Pintrest are my favorite social media to use. I like Pintrest especially because it's image heavy and if you have great and relevant images of your product/services, you could build a good following, and it's free.

nase685, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  10. JamesGordon7

JamesGordon7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Today social media sites and mobile marketing play an important role for a successful business. Increase the visibility of your business through these powerful marketing tool.

JamesGordon7, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  11. David Tile

David Tile Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd set up a blog for the PC help site and make sure its SEO'd. Most people use search engines to try and answer their tech questions so you want to make sure that your site ranks high.

David Tile, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  12. Randall Magwood

Randall Magwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would focus on 1 niche at a time. No need to spread yourself thin. This is where being a master marketer comes in. I'm biased a little... i know alot about computers, and that niche is very profitable. I would start by running lots of ads, and following it up with some free marketing on computer sites that aren't rivals to your's.

Randall Magwood, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  13. David Tile

David Tile Active Member

Best Answers:
    You may also want to look into a mobile marketing campaign for the PC help site. I know when I'm having computer problems -- I'm stuck using my mobile device. Modern ad tech even makes it possible to target according to device (iPad, Samsung Galaxy, etc.).

David Tile, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  14. neest321

neest321 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. Hire some local freelancers to do offline marketing through craigslist
    2. Hire some freelancers on oDesk and freelancer to do online work as well as check fiverr.com
    3. Use marketing products like buffr, inBoundio, infusionsoft, hubspot etc

neest321, Jul 9, 2014 IP
  15. TrumpiaTim

TrumpiaTim Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Mobile SMS Marketing is a great way for customers to communicate with you when there's an issue with their PC.
    We actually had a company that printed QR Codes on mouse pads and they would give these to customers so when they had an issue the customer could scan the QR code which would populate a text message that would route to the IT company.

Pretty cool idea, thought you might be interested.

TrumpiaTim, Jul 20, 2014 IP
  16. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not trying to be an ass, but don't you think it's a bit ironic asking this when one of your services is marketing? Seems to me you should have at least enough knowledge to market your own site before advertising this service to others.

Jameyson MacDonald, Jul 20, 2014 IP
  17. Rob Montgomery

Rob Montgomery Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would defo look into Email Marketing especially for the deals website, having a list and then sending weekly deals etc..

Rob Montgomery, Jul 20, 2014 IP
  18. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest to market your business in youtube because our target audience is more into capturing scenes which means aside from engaging content (which is important) users want to see more proof to solidify their decision on trusting your product and services.

KylieSweet, Jul 21, 2014 IP
    scott2342 likes this.
  19. ca-detz

ca-detz Member

Best Answers:
    For promotion, well standard forms plus digital would work well.

This could be local press, IT publications, and Facebook/Twitter sites. Even some Youtube videos.
    IMO costly.
    These would be better IMO. A competition could work also, but you'd have to have a large customer base for this.

ca-detz, Jul 21, 2014 IP
  20. Vaidhegi Patel

Vaidhegi Patel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, There are many ways to market your business, and what are the best for you is depending on what business you do. You must identify your audience and make or choose a strategy to market your business. I recommend you low cost and easy way to promote your business. I found www.businessknowhow.com/marketing/24waysto.htm and www.businessknowhow.com/marketing/24waysto.htm, I think that will be helpful for you. Thanks……..

Vaidhegi Patel, Jul 21, 2014 IP