1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to kick off a website?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by IsayHey, Aug 28, 2016.

I have a site that I have had for a while now and to be honest its just sat there.. Content has been put on there slowly however this was not at an optimal rate at all (due to constraints at the time). However I am now ready to put a lot of time and effort in to the site so I was just looking for a few tips on the best ways to see results quickly?

I have a few routes I could go down so far, those being;
    1. Publish a consistent flow of articles onto the site for a period of 3-5 months before putting in place some form of SEO program

2. Optimize all current content on the website and put a higher focus on SEO rather than content building for the first few months

3. Optimize what I currently have on the website and write a steady flow of content, introducing backlinks and SEO where possible.

What one of these choices would be best in terms of building a quality, profitable website that brings in a fair amount of traffic. It ranks fairly well for specific terms at the moment with no proper optimization so im unsure of the 'best' route to go down.

All opinions and feedback is appreciated, thank you!

IsayHey, Aug 28, 2016 IP
  2. Navea

Navea Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I will be honest with you, I think you have to ditch that site.

If you have allowed that site to sit for a long time, then I will conclude you don't have the passion to continue making it grow.

I have a similar site that sat for years. Then I tried reviving it, but sooner than I thought again I lost interest and motivation.

So I ditched it.

Instead, I looked for something that interests me, something I am passionate about, something that will keep me awake at night and something that will make me write articles and blog posts for the next 5 - 10 years, not just for a couple of month.

So my advise, find a niche that excites you, something that will keep the fire burning, then create a site on that niche.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    Navea, Aug 28, 2016 IP
  3. Samo

Samo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Navea may be correct. However, assuming Navea is not correct and that you simply were occupied on other important matter (family, health etc), then I would not ditch an established site.

"Aged" domains are worth far more than new ones. The older active domains imply that someone cares about and is committed to this domain/subject. A new domain does not display that to the search engines and it will take at least 2 or 3 years before that particular 'reputation' is established for the search engines.

Having said that SEO is a much tougher job these days. I'd focus on steadily adding quality content written/presented in a natural language. Google (LSI patent) and other engines can now understand context and relate keywords that do not have the same 'root'.

Example: when your page includes related keywords such as cake, desert, sweet, baking, cooking, kitchen, etc, they understand your page is in fact laser focused on cooking even though you have not stuffed you rpage with references to cook/cooking/delicious cooking.

My recommendation is therefore to let the engines do their thing, don't spend time at this point on anything other than basic optimization (accurate title tag, description tag, keyword laden attractive headings, images with title attributes, etc).

Instead focus on quality content ... "content is king" as they say. That includes having videos.

Also extract the audio from your videos (takes seconds) and make them available for download from your page and from podcasting sites (include a copyright notice and a verbal spelling of your domain and some gift offer to bring listeners to your site).

Use analytical tools to assess your traffic and traffic sources. Build a strong and repeat following. Monetization will be easy and profitable then.

Samo, Sep 4, 2016 IP
  4. Helparo

Helparo Peon

Best Answers:
    You should concentrate on a strategy for the future content. You can modify the content on the website, but do not make it a main focus. Establish a few focus keywords, make the headlines more attractive and add some tags. What you will do from now on is your top priority.

First of all, establish your audience clearly and create content that is relevant to them. Here, focus on the keywords (do some research on what keywords are most sought), tags, headlines etc. After that, think about a schedule according to which you will post the content and stick to it. Adding some backlinks will help you create the image of a trustworthy website.

In order to see how your strategy is performing, install a SEO WordPress plugin and analyze your results. Be patient and wait a period of time until you can say if your strategy is working or not. Of course, this should not take too long, but it is hard to believe that you will see a great change from the first day.

Helparo, Sep 6, 2016 IP
  5. billll

billll Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you ask me, I'll say, rather than focusing on the site, Focus on Building Social Media Following!

These days, the competition is immensely hard. If you're a beginner especially, it would really hard to rank your website according to your wish. And, plus, you don't have the guarantee that after so much effort whether you'll be successful or not.

On the other hand, if you'll focus all your efforts on building social media following - regarding your topic/niche, you'll know that every effort will pay you well. And, they'll be those followers who will visit your website anytime they want and you can cash them too. If you see the successful websites, and canvass them well, you'll notice that they all are building social media following these days, as they know that they can get their views from the social media, any time they want...

billll, Sep 6, 2016 IP
  6. Kurt Roswell

Kurt Roswell Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you should put a chunk of your effort on promoting your site, increasing awareness, and building your audience. You would end up wasting your time writing content without any readers. Build up your reader-base first, so that your content gets read and spread.

Kurt Roswell, Sep 7, 2016 IP
  7. traffic97

traffic97 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make keyword noticed in vgeta.com for your keyword in google results It is free.
    Also serves as a backlink plus real orgainic vistors to your site, who search only for relevant keywords.

traffic97, Sep 7, 2016 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Exactly. The times when you could update your content regularly and visitors would show up because the big G would inevitably index your site are looooooooong gone.

If I kick off a new site I promote it everywhere. I don't utilize just one particular venue, anything and everything that can bring a little traffic goes. Obviously, stay away from ALL traffic gigs on fiverr and other similar sites. That traffic is bogus. ALL of it.

qwikad.com, Sep 8, 2016 IP
  9. M.U.M. Abdul Maleque

M.U.M. Abdul Maleque Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Many good comments and replies are here which will definitely contribute to improving the situation as stated by the website owner. In my opinion the updated guidelines for SEO as formulated by Google especially those related to "Google panda" and "Penguin" needs to be followed meticulously in order to remain in the good book of Search Engines. Besides high quality content is the key factor for a website. Building backlinks with high PR sites is a must in this context. If everything goes fine, the quality and popularity of a website will improve having favorable Google Page Rank and Alexa Rank. Good luck and good wishes!!

M.U.M. Abdul Maleque, Sep 8, 2016 IP