1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to create static page in wordpress???

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by CaliforniaPI, Feb 19, 2008.

Okay, I have a wordpress blog and I want to create "Privacy Policy" , "Terms of Use", etc. I don't necessarily want them to have the same look as the blog, since they are just a bunch of legaleze. Could I create a page, name it Policy.php and upload it via ftp? Would that work? Where would I place it via ftp? Thanks.

CaliforniaPI, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  2. myp

myp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can do that and just link to it wherever it is on your server. For example if you upload it to your root directory you can just link to it on your blog with domain.com/tos or domain.com/privcay

myp, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  3. CaliforniaPI

CaliforniaPI Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I will try that.

CaliforniaPI, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  4. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    you could also do it the more complicated way - create a new Page, put your info in there, then copy and paste one of the post or page templates and rename it, then change its look and apply it to the new Page you've created. This is also a good way to make category pages look different.

Pixelrage, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  5. rchamberlin

rchamberlin Peon

Best Answers:
    There's also a couple of plugins that allow you to use a different theme for different categories. You could use that plugin and just assing the TOS etc to a separate category with a different theme.

rchamberlin, Feb 19, 2008 IP