1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to approach creating a new website

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Furiosa, Mar 6, 2017.

Hello, I am very new to the world of web design (aside from messing around with html on xanga back in the day).

I have an idea for a website but I don't know how to approach it, or if it's even worth trying to do.

Basically, the idea is already out there, but the only semi-professional site out there that is popular isn't really the best. It's a competition based site where people will compete for prizes that should be transfered via paypal. I feel like I have ideas to make it better but I don't want to give them my ideas, I want to tap into that market myself and destroy the monopoly they have going. So this website has to blow the other page out of the water. I figure I can't do that myself not likely anyway, but I can probably pay someone. Is this a safe method? I don't want anyone stealing my idea. Or making a decoy website for me and then later finding out they put up the version I was hoping for.

I will follow up with further details later

Furiosa, Mar 6, 2017 IP
  2. accel

accel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are worried about being ripped off, then go out and find someone in person, and get them to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement and a written contract for the work.

Another alternative is to just learn how to build a website yourself. The advantage of this is it will just cost your time. Wordpress is a good solution for a first website and there is plenty of help available.

accel, Mar 7, 2017 IP
  3. Rokis

Rokis Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

If you really believe that your website will take off and bring you a profit then i don't see a reason why not to do it. Signing a Non Disclosure Agreement is always a good approach for unique ideas and to make sure you are protected from cheeky bastards who could steal it.

Pick wisely who could build your website and have the money stack ready as it sounds like a complex one. My best suggestion would be to sign a contract with a fully functional and experienced company because they can provide you with a design, code and everything else while you are telling them what you want to see as a final result.

I would happily build your website if you already had a design but I'm not experienced enough to do it yet as I have started Front Web Developing just this year.

I do have a friend who has a company under his name and I can share his details with you so you could discuss in more detail with him. PM me if you would like me to send you his details.

Rokis, Mar 16, 2017 IP
  4. Isaac Grantn Prayer

Isaac Grantn Prayer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The learn Best way to approach creating a new website, i strongly recommend this tutorial to you, watch it:

The summary of the approach are as follows:
    1. Define your project
    2. Plan out everything
    3. Sketch your ideas before you design
    4. Design and develop your website
    5. Optimization
    6. Launch the Website
    7. Site maintenance

watch to learn more details and examples

Isaac Grantn Prayer, Mar 21, 2017 IP
  5. rajkumar mudaliyar

rajkumar mudaliyar Member

Best Answers:
    Because your saying this & you have time than I would suggest you to learn first & then do it all by yourself under expert guidance in this way your idea will be your only.
    You have done the market study so you have the basic idea about how your site should be. There are various online tutorials available to learn web designing.
    Agree with this to if you are running short of time & are worried you will be able to do it or not.

rajkumar mudaliyar, Mar 21, 2017 IP
  6. Hashtag17

Hashtag17 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Furiosa,

I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself, unless you are confident about developing a professional website. Amateur looking websites do not get trusted by visitors. Since your business involves visitors participating in a competition to win a prize, it is imperative they trust you. No one would want to waste their efforts and compete if they think the website looks untrustworthy or looks fraudulent where they won't end up being paid..

As suggested by others, signing an NDA is obligatory in this case. if you are working with a freelancer, make sure he belongs to the same country as you so that he is governed by the same rules as you, and if anything goes wrong, a legal recourse can be sought.

If you are working with a professional company, it would be safer even if the company is located elsewhere, because a company is usually governed by policies and if you only sign an NDA, you would be safe. However, you will need to recce quite a bit as huge companies would rip you off! It is advisable to look for small companies, ideally that work with small businesses and entrepreneurs.

Cheers!

Hashtag17, Mar 30, 2017 IP