1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way for mobile content

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by log0008, Jul 16, 2014.

My site is responsive and over 60% of my users come from mobiles but only 40% of the revenue does, what's the best placement for adsense on mobile/Smartphones? And also i remember once you could get ads which were floating at the bottom of the mobile screen and stayed there as you scrolled (like i most apps) does adsense still provide these and if so where do i find them?

Thanks

log0008, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  2. bergman

bergman Member

Best Answers:
    The scrolling ad at the bottom of the mobile screen is called an anchor ad. If you log into your adsense account and search "anchor ad" in the help menu there is a guide on how to implement it. I've had the anchor ad on my mobile site for a while now and unfortunately performs a lot lower than you'd expect. But I'd try it out to see if you get different results.

You can also try out AdsOptimal. Their services displays an ad type of your choice at the top of the mobile screen and it loads before the content. RPM on these ads is higher than regular adsense code.

I'm in the same type of situation as you, where most of my traffic is mobile but most of my earnings come from desktop users. I've tried lots of ad placements and found that responsive ads within content (if it's a blog - in the blog posts) work best. Don't put anything in the sidebar or near the footer because mobile users usually don't scroll down that far.

bergman, Sep 4, 2014 IP