1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best viewed with Firefox.

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Chopster, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Zenith

Zenith Peon

Best Answers:
    Default IE only makes 4 concurrent connections to the server. One of the simplest registry hacks you can do is bump that number up. Has a huge effect on load time of your first visit to a page, especially a highly graphical one for which you don't yet have the images cached.

I'll do some hunting on comparative speeds when I have time and post here. I'm sure there's plenty of info out there.

It took me a long time to make the break from IE to using Firefox as my primary browser. Simple fact is one gets used to the familiarity of IE and any other browser seems foreign when one first uses it and the lack of familiarity means you'll probably discard it pretty quick. I gotta say though that when I made the conscious effort to stick with it it wasn't all that long before I found how good it really is and I'd never go back now. I still occassionally fire up IE but it's becoming rarer and rarer.

I don't disagree on the initial load time though, that's very true, but opening new tabs is virtually instantaneous.
    SEMrush

Zenith, Jan 25, 2006 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Zenith

Zenith Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like I'm relying too much on my own experience of IE versus Firefox 1.5.

This is not a bad read...

http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/browserSpeed.html#winspeed

Which puts IE faster at the cold load, very slightly faster at most everything else, but very slow at scripting.

Zenith, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  3. designstartup

designstartup Peon

Best Answers:
    most of them have affiliate linking going to the firefox download page and they're profiting off those upgrades.

designstartup, Jul 9, 2008 IP