1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best use of articles - where to submit them, etc

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by claywalsh, Jan 17, 2012.

I'm starting to get into using articles for backlinks - my ideas for using them are to start blogs, squidoo lens, etc - wondering if anyone can suggest a great way to plug articles for links, including possible networks, etc. Thanks in advance

claywalsh, Jan 17, 2012 IP
  2. Alexander P.

Alexander P. Peon

Best Answers:
    You can use Press release site - or authority articles sites like EzineArticles. You can certainly drive traffic from this type of article site, as well as probably a good backlink from it.
    Others may include GoArticles and SooperArticles, and eHow.

Alexander P., Jan 18, 2012 IP
  3. praveen-rose

praveen-rose Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

There are some good and trusted article websites and authority websites available in online. You have to submit in these article directory which have high PR. The other process is RSS feeds is the best use of articles. The other one is share the articles in Social bookmarking sites as well as social networking sites such as facebook, google plus, twitter, linked in, and skype etc.

Thanks

praveen-rose, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  4. andrewatson

andrewatson Peon

Best Answers:
    The best IMO is Buzzle & Ezine. However, you content quality should be unique and best.

andrewatson, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  5. thebitbotdotcom

thebitbotdotcom Peon

Best Answers:
    Guest blog posts. Find high traffic blogs and submit guest posts to them.

Blog owners are more likely to publish them than you think and some even blast it to their newsletter.

thebitbotdotcom, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  6. karismasand

karismasand Member

Best Answers:
    karismasand, Jan 22, 2012 IP
  7. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depends what kind of Quality we're talking about.
    Quality 100% Unique articles are best for Squidoo,Hubpages,ezine,goarticles,guest blog posts, etc.
    Low quality articles or spun crap can be used for low quality article directories and private networks.

kjh-08, Jan 22, 2012 IP
  8. offshoredataentry

offshoredataentry Member

Best Answers:
    hey,
    Though articles are used for informative purpose their main aim is to get quality backlinks and we should submit them in sites having high PR.

offshoredataentry, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  9. tessori

tessori Peon

Best Answers:
    hi,
    best thing for getting backlink is doing social bookmarking on high page rank sites.

tessori, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  10. karismasand

karismasand Member

Best Answers:
    When i say hiqh quality ii men that articles post in my site will be indexed in half hour whether or not unique. Please make a test

karismasand, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  11. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have an idea!! Why not keep the fkn things and submit them into your own site!! Screw all these other sites that want your articles - it's a myth... you wont get jack shit traffic from them and you're doing work for someone else... start a blog and submit them to your own site...

Anddddd - if they're not unique - they will be deleted from Google searc results or your site will be penalized and have it's ass kicked by Google panda!

thsadmin, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  12. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    ^ Not really mate. In order to gain authority you need links, so promoting your content with article marketing is one way to achieve this.

If you all did was add new content to your own site and nothing else, you'd have a hard time generating much traffic.

To the OP, this can include web 2.0 sites, article directories, blogs, etc.

dcristo, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  13. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That's all I have done... links develop on your own site naturally, yup - even links in your old posts, new posts, etc. Count towards link juice - if you have several posts related to each other and you link to and from each other - it's just as valuable as external links. Any links to my site are from others that like my content... and have linked to them for me. If you want proof: http://www.histats.com/viewstats/?sid=1710267&act=2 - I haven'y lifted a finger off site...

thsadmin, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  14. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Adding content helps to generate more long tail traffic, but you need to gain authority in order to rank for competitive terms. You achieve this through link building. Internal links will help to a certain extent, but they're not as effective as external links, because another website is basically giving you a "vote" instead of giving yourself one. If you lack authority, the internal links will have less weight too.

dcristo, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  15. Lem

Lem Peon

Best Answers:
    IMO it's pretty simple about this matter: The best content you write should be on YOUR site.
    Whats the point of sitting down and writing up some really good content for link-bait when all you're going to get from it is one link from some article directory? No, the best bait should go on your own site, thus people linking to it will link to your site (from many sites in many different places) and not to an article site with only one link going to you from an obscure article somewhere inside.
    Guest posts are also good for linking, and the occasional comment\web 2.0\ article\PR directory.. It's all fine, but don't waste your best content on them.

Lem, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  16. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    ^ I completely agree. Although it's worthwhile spending more time on guest posts for authority blogs and the like.

dcristo, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  17. sharma.gaurav

sharma.gaurav Member

Best Answers:
    You can also use WordPress site's along with Ezine articles(best best, need quality content for getting approved), some useful other sites are also available so search and find out best accordingly. Article submission is really useful technique make it count for good and quick result.

sharma.gaurav, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  18. arthursunshine

arthursunshine Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    submit to article directories.

arthursunshine, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  19. shuvo

shuvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would go for the popular ones like ezine articles,squidoo,hubpages etc.All of these can help you to a great extent in terms of ranking your keyword or driving traffic.Just make sure your article makes sense.

shuvo, Feb 5, 2012 IP