1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best types of buissness to cold pitch

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by leachy, Apr 17, 2019.

So I am reworking my freelancing business at the moment, shifting the focus to cold pitching. Does anyone have suggestions of the best Types of business to cold pitch. I was going to focus on land scapping and lawncare but I am a bit concernced that they wont need enough writing?

Thanks in advance for your help!

leachy, Apr 17, 2019 IP
  2. c4cyber

c4cyber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes. I think. you are right.
    Consider health, online businesses, travel niches. Their pay rate is good.

c4cyber, Apr 18, 2019 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    In real estate, there are three main issues that affect price and sell-ability: location, location, and location. Likewise, in email campaigns (especially cold pitch campaigns) there are three things that will determine your success: list, list, and list. So, I suggest that the major part of your investigation into this topic be focused on the quality of the list that you will be able to acquire for the niche. That said, @c4cyber lists some interesting markets. I would also add investment, and technology offerings.

jrbiz, Apr 23, 2019 IP
  4. c4cyber

c4cyber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agree. Although, being in technology writing niche, I would say, not many people want to pay. They want a complete tutorial with screenshots, a video explanation of each step in $2 for 1000 words. Ya, I exaggerated a little bit. But everyone wants to have youtube, stackoverflow, quora with a maximum budget of $70.

c4cyber, Apr 23, 2019 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I am not in the business of copywriting, but what I hear is that the trend that you are seeing is also the case with most online niches: uneducated people want great content for pennies. And there are "writers" out there that will produce low quality content for pennies in almost any niche. My guess is that the "businesspeople" who are looking for cheap content get exactly what they deserve and do not last long in marketplace because the image of their company is destroyed by cheap content.

In my day job, I head the marketing function of a technology company. I have not hired a copywriter in a long time because I have in-house capability on my team, right now. However, when I do, the first thing I do is find a high quality writer and pay him or her to spend time getting trained by my staff on our products/services before s/he writes a word for us. The reputation and image of my company is paramount and one of my responsibilities is to ensure that the company looks good at all times. That is why, for example, I recently paid $20,000 for a professional video instead of finding someone online who would do it for $1,000 or less.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of "businesses" out there that do not understand the importance of image, branding, etc.

jrbiz, Apr 24, 2019 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  6. furi2019

furi2019 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you know real estate is the best type of business so lets go to get more idea earn money more

furi2019, May 8, 2019 IP