1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Tools for SEO Competitor Analysis

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Ash Stronge, Dec 2, 2014.

I have started taking on a few clients in order to bring their website into more in line with competitors, in terms of online traffic.
    SEMrush
    At the moment, I use SEMrush and SimilarWeb to measure the online traffic of competiting websites. However, I found on one website that SEMrush and Similarweb gave widely different data for online traffic (3k monthly visitors vs 50k monthly visitors). Does anyone know why they are producing such a huge difference?

My initial feeling is that SEMrush is wrong, as it didn't have the seasonal traffic changes that I would expect from a website in its market.

Does anyone know of better tools used to measure competitor traffic, in order to use as a benchmark.

Ash Stronge, Dec 2, 2014 IP
    SEMrush
  2. 1SEOcom

1SEOcom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Remember these tools take about 60-90 days to reflect changes. If you are looking for an immediate result you will not get this.

1SEOcom, Dec 11, 2014 IP
  3. ManiQuadraincorp

ManiQuadraincorp Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am using ahref tool paid tools , Its paid one , but You can Easily find out your competitors details , backlinks

ManiQuadraincorp, Dec 12, 2014 IP
  4. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    As @ManiQuadraincorp said, ahref tools are great. They pretty much do what you need, but they're only really useful if you pay.
    When it comes to free options, the free ahref is about as good as any of its competitors. I used to use Moonsearch before switching to paid ahref tools.

YJunK, Dec 12, 2014 IP
  5. loriyasmith

loriyasmith Member

Best Answers:
    I agreed that paid tools are useful but if you want to see the real traffic of our competitors then it's only possible of their Google analytic account. And i don't think there is another way to find out the exact traffic information regarding any websites.

Also, Yes you can check the back links of your competitors sites easily. Here is the free tool to check the back links of any competitors which is backlinkwatch.com. I think it'll be very useful to check your competitors back links and you can follow them easily.

loriyasmith, Dec 12, 2014 IP