1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

best tool for finding competitor's Adwords keywords?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Pixelrage, Jan 11, 2008.

The company I work for needs a reliable tool to find out what our competitors are using as keywords in Adwords. Any suggestions for a paid software package that does this?

I did a Google search and found lots of cliche sales pages with 18 pt red text, and fake review articles with affiliate links. :(

Pixelrage, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  2. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    bl4ckmaN^, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  3. Chawman

Chawman Peon

Best Answers:
    Affiliate Elite, without a doubt.

I have a few videos on my YouTube account about what the product does at http://www.youtube.com/Chawman

Works like a charm! ;)

Chawman, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  4. gem.stocks

gem.stocks Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Affliate Elite and another keyword program got Google suspended my Ad Word account. I started to use these programs extensively last week. They suspected my PC had some Malware and clicked Google Ads includes my own. Everytime I ran these Keyword analysis programs, they click competitor Ads and clicked my own ads of course. I wondered why these programs stopped working last week too. When you ran it several times on many campaigns, Google will jump on your Adword account :)

I think we have to be careful when use these programs, also need to pause your own ads when running keyword analysis..

See my last post on Google Adwords:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=645882

gem.stocks, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  5. Chawman

Chawman Peon

Best Answers:
    If that is the case, on Affiliate Elite, you should always span the scheduler out and the time it makes requests to Google accordingly. That is the main reason it is there.

It would not get your account suspended.

You play nice with Google, they place nice with you. ;)

Chawman, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  6. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you could try keywordspy.com

mcjp6, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  7. ayne468

ayne468 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have heard a lot of people raving about affiliate elite...but not sure if they are all its affiliates...lol?

ayne468, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  8. gem.stocks

gem.stocks Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe this is for SEO, not for Adwords. A program have to click Adwords ads to find the keywords other advertisers are using.

gem.stocks, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  9. briggidere

briggidere Peon

Best Answers:
    i think you have to be careful about using any ofthose automated tools. They can never work very well anyway, your competitor may have geo targeting, time settings, excluded ip's etc within their campaign, so how do you know if you are getting all the info you need? There is NO subsitution for HARD WORK...

briggidere, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  10. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you visit the site it will show you competitors keywords, it is NOT for SEO

mcjp6, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  11. SCM Media

SCM Media Banned

Best Answers:
    keywordspy.com
    keycompete.com
    spyfu.com

keywordspy.com and keycompete.com are the better ones, spyfu.com is pretty outdated.

SCM Media, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  12. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Adgooroo.

Best one out there hands down.

GuyFromChicago, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  13. vstar

vstar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With all due respect, I would have to say that you have never used the Goohay software as it is the most USELESS piece of software that I have ever used

I could write a book on all the flaws that it has not to mention the complete lack of customer support, especially considering that their website clearly said that they had software specialits standing on the floor at all times... YEA RIGHT

Thankfully I purchased it through clickbank and got my money back a few days later

Their Updated website says that they are EX Google employees, However, when I first bought it from their website a few months ago, it clearly said that they were software developers from IBM... VERY SCAMMY

Also, they are the creators of other very scammy programs such as "Paid Surveys" and "Free Satellite to PC" and if you've ever looked into these kind of products you will know what I'm talking about... they are pure Bull Shi*

I recommend that you DO NOT buy the Goohay software as it DOES NOT do what the sales page claims... Not even Close!

vstar, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  14. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    vstar

Thanks for honest review. You are right, I haven't bought that software, I just was suggesting to try it, because it says on their website that the software can find profitable keywords.

I am a member of Paid Surveys, and I don't like it, because I am not a fan of making money filling in the surveys.
    However, their database has quite big number of survey websites.

Haven't tried Satellite TV for PC, but it sounds too good to be true ;)

bl4ckmaN^, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  15. scuba5794

scuba5794 Active Member

Best Answers:
    has anyone here ever tried spyfu? i have not heard a ton about hte results i have tried a couple of test runs with it and it seems pretty cool not sure how reliable it is though any opinions?

scuba5794, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  16. Sg4

Sg4 Peon

Best Answers:
    My vote is for keywordspy as well

Sg4, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  17. Avo19

Avo19 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use keywordspy & spyfu. I like keyword spy for its ease of use but it is UK centric. Spyfu is more extensive and is based on the US market. They've just updated the db and added a few new features. It's taken them awhile to iron out the bugs, but they're getting there.

Avo19, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  18. sem-consultant

sem-consultant Peon

Best Answers:
    evey tried Spyfu or Googspy ... they are very good.. in finding out competitor keywords...

sem-consultant, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  19. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    hmmm....I'd certainly regard keywordspy's results with some suspicion - I just tried the obvious test of looking up a site I own - the keywords it came up with aren't even in the right subject area, let alone being ones I've ever used....

this was the only the free trial, maybe the paid account is better, but then again, it didn't make me think it was worth paying for.

(spyfu's results were right - so it's not that that the site or keywords are in someway 'off')

magda, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  20. sem-consultant

sem-consultant Peon

Best Answers:
    as I said before.. Spyfu can do that so does Googspy however we could get the same data from pinging Google with APIs

sem-consultant, Jan 15, 2008 IP