1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Stack for SAAS

Discussion in 'Programming' started by achugg, Dec 23, 2020.

Hi guys,

I'm trying to build a SAAS application but am trying to figure out what the best and most scalable stack is to build upon.

Thanks in advance.

achugg, Dec 23, 2020 IP
  2. Efetobor Agbontaen

Efetobor Agbontaen Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have a popular SAAS application yet but from experience with IT companies, I can tell you that the technology stack you use should depend on the technology stack of your team.

My team is a core PHP team so we use PHP for most of our applications including Machine Learning Apps (I know people will scream "bad idea"). But Machine Learning is just maths. Not only Python can do Maths.

If your team is filled with Js Developers, consider using Node, If they use Python, then use Python. Basically, you do not want to build anything with a technology stack that is alien to your developers. You'll waste time and resources.

This same advice also applies if you are a lone developer.

Efetobor Agbontaen, Dec 23, 2020 IP
  3. Luiza31

Luiza31 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    • Programming language: Python
    • DB: MongoDB
    • Queuing system: RabbitMQ
    • Hosting: AWS / EC2 / Web Storage S3

Luiza31, Dec 27, 2020 IP
  4. HenryChinaski37

HenryChinaski37 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you can use this:
    • frontend - react
    • backend - ruby on rails

HenryChinaski37, Dec 28, 2020 IP
  5. brandon_wallace

brandon_wallace Peon

Best Answers:
    @achugg Use any stack. Just learn it well and you should be able to do anything.
    Find the programming language you like and use the stack it is associated with. There is Javascript, PHP, Python and others.

brandon_wallace, Jan 12, 2021 IP
    Efetobor Agbontaen likes this.
  6. achugg

achugg Member

Best Answers:
    Based on some recent research... I think this is the most scalable. Thank you.

achugg, Feb 7, 2021 IP
  7. zaakar

zaakar Peon

Best Answers:
    can anyone explain what is stack?

zaakar, Mar 1, 2021 IP
  8. iago111

iago111 Member

Best Answers:
    It's a business term derived from a memory architecture, that helps functions to process data during runtime.

iago111, Mar 23, 2021 IP
  9. eqedy

eqedy Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are looking for the best solutions on SAAS. I can suggest the best ruby on rails web developer company in USA - jetruby
    [​IMG]

eqedy, Aug 25, 2023 IP
  10. hibiscustechno

hibiscustechno Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you would like to go ahead with Php then you can consider frameworks like 'Laravel' ,If Python is your choice then 'Django' is the best option.

hibiscustechno, Aug 26, 2023 IP
  11. Jackie2006

Jackie2006 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Building a Software as a Service (SaaS) application requires careful consideration of various factors, including scalability, performance, reliability, and development efficiency. Here's a recommended stack that balances performance, scalability, and developer productivity:
    Backend Framework: Node.js with Express.js or Django with Python are popular choices for building the backend of a SaaS application.
    Database: For relational databases, PostgreSQL is often preferred due to its advanced features, scalability, and extensibility.
    Frontend Framework: React.js is widely used for building interactive user interfaces in SaaS applications.
    Cloud Infrastructure: Leveraging cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) can provide scalability, flexibility, and cost-effectiveness for hosting your SaaS application.
    Containerization and Orchestration: Docker is commonly used for containerization, allowing you to package your application and its dependencies into lightweight, portable containers.
    Authentication and Authorization: Consider using OAuth 2.0 or OpenID Connect for authentication, along with role-based access control (RBAC) or attribute-based access control (ABAC) for authorization.
    Monitoring and Logging: Utilize tools like Prometheus, Grafana, and ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana) for monitoring, logging, and observability.

Jackie2006, Mar 21, 2024 IP