1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Software to Build Website

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by kizer21, Sep 9, 2009.

1. heyman12

heyman12 Peon

Best Answers:
    I used phpBB to build my website around. Its a great framework with undoubtedly the best template system I have ever used.

heyman12, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  2. Belgretor

Belgretor Member

Best Answers:
    The best software for develop web site is "adobe dreamweaver + adobe fireworks OR adobe photoshop".

Belgretor, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  3. windy

windy Active Member

Best Answers:
    trry wordpress. It's very easy to use

windy, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  4. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Dreamweaver for me. :D

SearchBliss, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  5. maciejbis

maciejbis Active Member

Best Answers:
    I always use CMS Made Simple, because it's very easy to make template from html/css

maciejbis, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  6. Aidey

Aidey Member

Best Answers:
    dont use software to build websites.

start from scratch and use a program such a dreamweaver.

Aidey, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  7. crath

crath Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was about to say that would be a bad idea, bet I checked out your site and you did a fantastic job. Nice work.

No, don't use software to build websites (like you said), including dreamweaver.

Use notepad++?

crath, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  8. jada23

jada23 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are looking to build a professional easy to manage website then you may want to consider using WordPress.

jada23, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  9. strevt

strevt Peon

Best Answers:
    I learned with dreamweaver.

strevt, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  10. om.prakash

om.prakash Banned

Best Answers:
    can u suggest me which site is best for learning html?

om.prakash, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  11. paco89

paco89 Guest

Best Answers:
    hi guys i use Namo WebEditor but cant add my domain to register my site (i have domain in co.cc)pls someone help me !!!!Write PM

paco89, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  12. jkapadia1983

jkapadia1983 Peon

Best Answers:
    Dreamweaver is one of the best software to build dynamic web application.....but if your requirement is only static website then you may go for front page....

jkapadia1983, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  13. xenobiologist

xenobiologist Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you wanna learn html good luck on your journey. It's not that hard to learn. I personally use dreamweaver that way if I need to hand code something or add in some .asp or .php files I can do so. But the learning curve on how to do that will take some time. As for going at it with little experience I would probably go with WordPress not that hard to learn. Once you learn how things interact with each other than I would advise Joomla. It's easier to create dynamic content with Joomla than it is learning all the programming to go along with what you need. Hope that helps.

xenobiologist, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  14. jamesicus

jamesicus Peon

Best Answers:
    Reference: How to create Optimal Web Pages

Also: HTML Editor Selection -- be sure to read the caveat relating to Text Editor use.

I do think that all aspiring Web authors should at least start off coding Markup by hand - it is the only way to truly master the language.

Validate your Markup

Validation enhances Interoperability -- correct rendering in all user agents. However, web pages can, and do, fail validation and still display pretty much as expected in graphical Browsers anyway due to their built-in Markup discrepancy compensation -- thereby relying on the often unreliable error correcting properties of individual graphical Browsers. Validation does catch many easily corrected Markup errors and the resultant code is consequently easy to maintain or change. Pages containing invalid Markup may not display or function correctly in Screen Readers, BRAILLE interpreters and Textual Browsers or when incorporated into other applications. As we move toward the Semantic Web, the rigors of XML will result in a greater requirement for Valid Markup. Valid and well formed Markup also bespeaks careful craftsmanship and that appeals to many web authors.

James

jamesicus, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  15. dannyvalentino

dannyvalentino Peon

Best Answers:
    When I first started web design I had access to both MS Frontpage and Dreamweaver. I hadn't any prior knowledge of HTML and barely knew how to publish a site via FTP.

I tried both programs and after just a couple of hours had picked up the basics with Frontpage enough to design a site. I have used FP ever since. Unfortunately, FP is not exactly W3C compliant and I have had to redesign most of my sites.

I have finally accepted I must move to a W3C compliant WYSIWYG program and have downloaded the trial of Expression Web 3.0. It doesn't look as bad as dreamweaver did when I first tried to use that, but as a veteran of FP there is still quite a learning curve with EW 3.0. However, all reviews I have read are positive and it still seems easier than dreamweaver (plus its been completely redesigned to be web compliant from the outset, unlike dreamweaver).

Does anyone else have any experience of EW 3.0?

dannyvalentino, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  16. Splinterbiz

Splinterbiz Peon

Best Answers:

Two of the tutorial sites I started with many years ago, was BigNoseBird and WebMonkey. BigNoseBird is old and rather outdated, but still has useful info. Webmonkey is still alive and kicking, updating with new articles almost every day.

The best place to learn, though, probably is the God-Father of HTML tutorials: W3 Schools

I even remember the first YWSIWYG editor I ever used. It was called Hot Dog HTML. Their site is located here. I wonder if that cute, animated dog with the shades is still with the program. It was cute back then, anyway :)

Also check out Good Tutorials, you should find many good HTML tutorials there.

Happy learning!

S.B.

Splinterbiz, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  17. Bex7175

Bex7175 Peon

Best Answers:
    While Wordpress is my current favourite and the best software that I have found to build a whole variety of different websites very successfully, I would suggest supplementing it with a knowledge of the code behind the software. This prevents any limitations when it comes to editing existing themes, or even creating your own, to help your site to look as good as it can.

For that reason I would suggest following some of the links already mentioned within this thread to learn the basics in HTML, CSS and PHP. At the same time you could be looking into setting up Wordpress and starting to have a play with some different themes (there's hundreds of free ones out there, or you can pay to get some nicer looking ones) and the incredible variety of different plugins available to help you to make a site that is both functional and attractive.

I'd also say it's worth throwing a query into Google to discover some of the best Wordpress websites around to see the potential of it. http://www.ndesign-studio.com/blog/wordpress/best-wordpress-sites/ showcases some nice designs. :)

Bex

Bex7175, Oct 16, 2009 IP