1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Software to Build Website

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by kizer21, Sep 9, 2009.

I'm not sure if this is the right section to ask this. Anyway, I'm wanting to make a website and I know very little about html. What website builders or software does everyone recommend? I was using BlueVoda and I don't like it. It seemed very limited and restricted. I heard about Adobe Dreamweaver being pretty good. What do you guys think?

kizer21, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  2. Bluey

Bluey Member

Best Answers:
    If you could spend the time to understand a little, html and css it could help one out in the long run. Using a program to build a website is all good to start with, but what happens later on when you would like to do things with your site in the future? To be able to edit your own code when you want, how you would like.

This tutorial teaches you everything about HTML.
    http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp

CSS and web standards tutorials, info and help.
    http://westciv.com/style_master/house/index.html

And with a windows OS right click and view source on a website you like and see how others display the html, css code.

With the add-ons Firefox lets you use.
    View Source code of an external javascript/stylesheet
    JSView
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2076

That's just my experience though, your mileage may vary.

Bluey, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  3. V_tpp

V_tpp Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress all the way. ;)

The Sky is the limit!

I must admit I am a huge Wordpress fan, so I would recommend it over anything, but truth be told, why limit yourself to the plain ol' boring html when you can do so many tricks with a dynamic site? Even if what you need for now is a simple static site, maybe you will want it to grow in the future and you might need some of the functionalities Wordpress and its plugins have.

Plus... google loves Wordpress ;).

V_tpp, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  4. affilimerge

affilimerge Peon

Best Answers:
    I do agree with him!

Wordpress you can use for anything you want. It's so easy to install and handle with it. Additional there are so many templates and add-ons for free out there!
    So if you're lazy and don't want to learn HTML and so on, use Wordpress or a CMS like Joomla (much more difficult for raw recruits!).

Greets,
    Kevin

affilimerge, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  5. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Another vote for WP here :)

Wordpress is extremely versatile - it's ideal for someone who has next to no knowledge of HTML, but it's also great for HTML/PHP nerds who like to bend and break things :)

Whatever you do, DO NOT start using something like Dreamweaver in "Design View". If you're going to start learning any HTML, make sure you learn to code it by hand - it will pay off in the long run. If you want a code editor with nearly all the features of Dreamweaver, have a look at PSPad. It's free! :D

Kerosene, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  6. extraspecial

extraspecial Member

Best Answers:
    use Joomla or Wordpress to create a website... forget dreamweaver :)

extraspecial, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  7. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely use Joomla to make your website if you have plans that
    include more than just blogging or regular static content.

Blue Star Ent., Sep 9, 2009 IP
  8. Simong_1984

Simong_1984 Member

Best Answers:
    Dreamweaver works well for me. The ability to automatically upload files via ftp upon saving rr set it up with a local test rig is a big time saver, rather than switching to another ftp program.

Simong_1984, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  9. The Oil Man

The Oil Man Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Dreamweaver, but it requires a heavy html curve if you want to do anything cool.

My vote for a newbie is Wordpress. If your web hosting provider offers Fantastico (a script that automates the installation of wordpress, joomla and other content management software) getting a website up with Wordpress will be a breeze.

The Oil Man, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  10. welzinvestments

welzinvestments Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for those links, Bluey! I'm starting to learn HTML, so those tutorial sites will be helpful.

welzinvestments, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  11. choirul

choirul Peon

Best Answers:
    You can use dreamweaver for make website without knowing html program. By using dreamweaver you don't need to master in html. dramweaver make simple for coding in html. you want to add graphic on your website you can use photoshpo for make it then slice the background you need in image ready. good luck.

choirul, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  12. CustomHosting

CustomHosting Peon

Best Answers:
    joomla is a very simple CMS to get into with little/no html needed

CustomHosting, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  13. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    dramweaver? photoshpo?

Dreamweaver Design View, and slicing Photoshop images is a great way to make a totally crap website. Don't go there!

Kerosene, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  14. coast.dwane

coast.dwane Peon

Best Answers:
    If your are new to html/css then want to primarily do coding on html then I would recommend that you use Dreamweaver as it is easy to use and you can also learn from it. Also before starting with html read some tutorials on w3schools. That would surely help you a lot.

coast.dwane, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  15. dohno

dohno Peon

Best Answers:
    if you are on a mac, coda is awesome. espresso is pretty good too, but still needs a little fixing up.

dohno, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  16. Damnnnn

Damnnnn Guest

Best Answers:
    I started my web development in Frontpage, I found it was quite user friendly. I have heard Dreamweaver is the way to go if you want to more, but it is quite expensive.

Not that I am an expert in web development, but these are just tools to help you develop your website and learning HTML, CSS and other languages are manditory if you want to become a developing guru.

Damnnnn, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  17. eniyan_admin

eniyan_admin Guest

Best Answers:
    Joomla is ultimate choice. Using Joomla you can create any kind of website and it doesn't require you to be a skilled person. I recommend you to go through articles about joomla to better understand the joomla features.

eniyan_admin, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  18. fstorm

fstorm Peon

Best Answers:
    Another vote for Wordpress here. For a beginner, it's the easiest way to actually get a website going that you can then use to learn on by playing with it. No reason to reinvent the wheel when someone has already made a good, solid, secure, and "proper" (compliant, etc) basis for you to work off. Plus it lets you jump straight to the fun stuff.. like the design, content, and plugins/features.

fstorm, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  19. digitaltrader

digitaltrader Member

Best Answers:
    Learn to hand code, its the only way to go

digitaltrader, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  20. hkasator

hkasator Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually I don't share the same Idea . You're not obliged - as a beginner - to have knowledge in the HTML codding . You can start by easy & pro softwares like Incomedia WebSite X5 ( I can give it for free ) . But After a serious career you'll get directly to the codding .

hkasator, Sep 14, 2009 IP