1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best software for creating a website ?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by neil_buzzerchat_staff, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Cone Man

Cone Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    Haha that's not what I'm saying dude. I'm quite proud of my knowledge of CSS and HTML, and I'll often code a design from scratch in Notepad before actually applying it in Wordpress.

What is "properly" anyway? I never knew there was only one way of learning such things.

Cone Man, Dec 24, 2013 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It's just a worry to see someone list that as where they started learning -- though admittedly we all start somewhere, usually with less than stellar results. *hangs head in shame... Nyetscape Composer 3...

Well, so long as you don't have floating headings with no parents (like say... h5 with no h4 or h3 preceeding them), invalid heading orders (like something that's not a section of the h2 before it as a h3), and aren't vomiting up rubbish idiotic messes of halfwit classes turdpress style thus:

<li id="menu-item-1875" class="menu-item menu-item-type-post_type menu-item-object-page-sections menu-item-1875">
    Code (markup):
    Then you're fine. Really what I'm saying is while there may be no single right way of doing things, there's a HELL of a lot of wrong ways... and turdpress shoves a LOT of them right up ones backside without even being nice enough to give a ...

Just like many of the 'frameworks' people use with this bit of idiotic halfwit BS Paul Irish convinced people to use just to cover up ineptitude:
    <!--[if lt IE 7 ]> <html lang="en" class="no-js ie6"> <![endif]-->
    <!--[if IE 7 ]>    <html lang="en" class="no-js ie7"> <![endif]-->
    <!--[if IE 8 ]>    <html lang="en" class="no-js ie8"> <![endif]-->
    <!--[if IE 9 ]>    <html lang="en" class="no-js ie9"> <![endif]-->
    <!--[if (gt IE 9)|!(IE)]><!--> <html lang="en" class="no-js"> <!--<![endif]-->
    Code (markup):
    That makes me want to pimp slap somebody every time I see it.

Same goes for the idiocy of garbage like class="two-thirds column" or other presentational crap that has NO BUSINESS in HTML in the first place, and becomes total gibberish if one starts doing something like... joining us in THIS century with responsive layouts. The laugh being CSS3 giving us the tools, and most people using HTML 5 and 'frameworks' pissing all over them!)

You know, like all the other 'wrong ways' of doing things that we have RIGHT WAYS we've been told to use -- like not using fixed width layouts, not using fixed metric (px) fonts, not using illegible colour contrasts -- you know, the trifecta of /FAIL/ at design?

Again, there may not be a right way, but there's sure as shine-ola a wrong way of doing things... and if people could manage to rip their heads out of 1997's rump, they'd realize it. Cleaner, faster, easier, ACCESSIBLE development. *SILLY ME*, I thought that was the point!

But instead people just vomit up inaccessible crap using frameworks, IDE's, WYSIWYGS, off the shelf templates that aren't worth a flying purple fish, and all the other asshattery that is actually more work in the long term and makes the site useless to visitors, and then have the huevos rancheros to call it 'easier'.

It's like everyone is just listening to Sherry Bobbins... Don't cry, don't pout, just do a half-assed job... If you cut every corner see it isn't all that bad, everybody does it, even mom and dad!

deathshadow, Dec 24, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  3. valo manus

valo manus Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    what kind of website you want to bulild.

valo manus, Dec 24, 2013 IP
  4. tranvantrung

tranvantrung Member

Best Answers:
    dream weaver is best :D

tranvantrung, Dec 28, 2013 IP
  5. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    lol...Why don't you give us an explanation of why It's the best?, I could do with a good laugh.
    Shows how much you know about designing and building websites.....

malky66, Dec 29, 2013 IP
    deathshadow and ryan_uk like this.