1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best shopping cart with custom item builder? Like sequentially build a product ?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by webdesignguru, Nov 14, 2012.

Does anyone know what the best shopping cart would be for having a website where the user effectively builds the product. The perfect example is

http://www.shirtlisted.com/

They use foxy cart although this relies on you integrating to a cms, which confuses things. Is there any ecommerce shopping cart platforms out there that have this feature?

Thanks in advance.

webdesignguru, Nov 14, 2012 IP
  2. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, AJ Shopping Cart is the best user and seo friendly shopping cart software with lots of features to create your online store.

rashida, Nov 14, 2012 IP
  3. Isuru

Isuru Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any specific reason you choose hosted shopping cart? I think you should try osCommerce, Mangeto like cms. Because you can extend functionality and you don't have to trap in some limited functions which provided by those companies.

Check these themes.. http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/themes.html

Isuru, Nov 15, 2012 IP
  4. webdesignguru

webdesignguru Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for you input guys. Im have no prefference to hosted or licensed, i just want it to be able to fulfil my needs witha step by step product/bundle builder.

webdesignguru, Nov 15, 2012 IP
  5. joelchrist

joelchrist Banned

Best Answers:
    I would suggest AJ shopping cart script with multiple features, which is user friendly and easy to customize..

joelchrist, Nov 15, 2012 IP
  6. Hans-Eirik

Hans-Eirik Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally I would recommend either Magento or Netsuite.

Magento's bundled and configurable product options give a strong foundation for any kind of custom modifications you need for the product building process. There is also an integrated API's that allow you to setup custom products on the fly inside Magento.

Netsuite is a good solution as well however the price tag is a little hard to swallow for a smaller business.

Hans-Eirik, Nov 16, 2012 IP
  7. jeffcnyc

jeffcnyc Peon

Best Answers:
    Webdesign Guru did you ever get a consensus on this? I have a project with a similar product. It doesn't allow itself to go to the typical SKU forma so looking for easy, but good off the shelf. I certainly like the option of Magento

jeffcnyc, Apr 24, 2013 IP