1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best script for local business style directory?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by calcalmx123, Feb 19, 2015.

hey, I'm thinking of a new local directory site that I'll promote offline to local businesses. I'll start adding some businesses so I need features such as:
    claim/edit listing, suggest edit to listing, maps, reviews/ratings and upgrade/premium listing options. Can anyone suggest a script for this use thanks!

calcalmx123, Feb 19, 2015 IP
  2. gkd_uk

gkd_uk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try phpmydirectory.com

gkd_uk, Feb 20, 2015 IP
  3. Simon Gooffin

Simon Gooffin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I'm sure you won't find a better one than this product: http://www.subrion.com/product/yellow-pages-script.html :)
    Built on top of Subrion opensource cmf, can be used with 70+ plugins and has many templates.

Ask in case you have any questions. I will be happy to assist.

Simon Gooffin, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  4. Web Directory Reviews Org

Web Directory Reviews Org Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    My first choice would be phpMyDirectory, and I would select it, rather than some other fine scripts, because it will create a responsive directory, and responsive design is important these days. Another choice that I have not personally used, but which looks good, is the Vantage directory theme, powered by WordPress. Besides the things that you mention, you are probably going to want something that will allow you to add textual content to your directory because this is going to help your directory to place well in the search engines, since it will have spiderable content. In return, this will increase the value of your directory to potential submitters, and make it more useful to users of the directory.