1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Registrar

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Ali A, Feb 15, 2011.

1. racer3

racer3 Peon

Best Answers:
    racer3, Jan 3, 2013 IP
  2. arianit1995

arianit1995 Peon

Best Answers:
    arianit1995, Jan 4, 2013 IP
  3. cochisetm

cochisetm Member

Best Answers:
    Namesilo for sure

cochisetm, Jan 9, 2013 IP
  4. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    My favorite is namecheap, they don't have discounts as often as other sites, but their service and their features outweigh everyother one.

ash1ey82, Mar 15, 2014 IP
  5. gigalicious

gigalicious Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm disappointed from Name.com executives but still have an active account there. Funny as it may sound, i was a GD hater and now i start using him.

gigalicious, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  6. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I did a comparison of my 3 favorite registrars on my new "minisite"/domain generator thingy that i was fiddling with(improving my PHP skills), http://helgesdomaingenerator.com/domain-registrars.php If you are going purely on price then i guess GoDaddy with a coupon is hard to beat, I ALWAYS register my domains at namecheap though, I love their interface and support, the prices are respectable too.

Helge Sverre, Mar 25, 2014 IP
  7. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree. Godaddy offers a plenty of bonuses like discounts to bolster their customer numbers. However, their mailing is policy is very aggressive (they can literally spam an account email address with offers like "renew 5 domains for 5 years and get 1 year for 1 domain free" - beautiful, isn't it?), their support area is a mess, ETA on some issues is days, not hours. Yet they provide domains, hosting, SSL and website builder - all a beginner needs to start building a website. They are also listed as "#1" Domain Registrar worldwide by Google... yet I think this is more likely due to fat payroll monthly, than due to real quality of their services. However, 12 million customers is a decent number.

Namecheap, on the other hand, is merely a reseller of Enom.com, yet they do their best to solve your domain/hosting issues in chat. They recently completed a redesign, so their website looks much more bright and attractive now. Their instructions are clear and easy to follow. I choose Namecheap for their good support, easy orderflow, reliable service - and for discounts, of course. Their Onepager website builder is also convenient.

If you want it all in one place - choose godaddy and face the consequences. If you want things to be done nice and easy and are ready for managing your website yourself - Namecheap is your choice. About Name.com and all the rest - why dealing with the rest if you can deal with the best? GD and NC even seem to coordinate their promos, so versatile customer can transfer back and forth each 60 days to use multiple discounts both companies provide, resulting in a decade of domain registration for only $10-15 instead of $150 one would normally spend on annual renewals.

All above is my opinion solely, based on rich experience with named companies.

H0stZealot, Mar 25, 2014 IP
  8. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    because, as I said before - why dealing with the rest, if you can deal with the best? Namecheap and Godaddy terms are better than these.

H0stZealot, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  9. dedideals

dedideals Member

Best Answers:
    Namecheap rock!

dedideals, Mar 29, 2014 IP
  10. nightwolf909

nightwolf909 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Namecheap all the way, although I also use Godaddy from time to time.

nightwolf909, Mar 30, 2014 IP
  11. shabash786

shabash786 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are 2 options to go for a registrar.
    1. Are you simply wanting to buy the domain and design website ?
    OR
    2. You want to make money with the domains selling and buying?

Either one is the answer, just go to godaddy.com, use promo codes to buy the domain for $1.99 , $2.95 and host your domains on Godaddy. NO matter where do you host your website, just point the nameserver to your hosting account and you are done.
    If you want to make money with selling domains, then Godaddy should be your first choice to host your domains. Just because majority of the domain buyers and sellers prefer Godaddy to do the trade with.
    So the choice is yours.

shabash786, Apr 8, 2014 IP