1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Practices for Landing Pages Testing

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by stupidpoeticjustice, Nov 5, 2004.

Hello,

I am interested in deploying a concurrent landing page test for one of my major paid search clients. Essentially, they have three distinct landing pages that they would like to test. I would like to be able to concurrently test the landing pages in order to eliminate any time-based confounding variables.

I have thought that the best way to do this would be to send users from the engines to a page which, based on some sort of random code, serves up one of three landing pages to test. Has anyone here utilized a similar method? If so, what was your experience? Also, any resources on how to implement such a test? How did you handle tracking?

Lastly, how sound is this method? What would you consider to be the best practices for implementing a landing page test?

At this point, I have many questions and few answers. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

stupidpoeticjustice, Nov 5, 2004 IP
  2. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    to test conversions (and clicks), I generally just swap out one page completely for another, and see how it compares. yours would work, it'd just be a bit more work probably ;D

disgust, Nov 5, 2004 IP
  3. brendan6756

brendan6756 Peon

Best Answers:
    that is a pretty good idea disgust, i might use it!

brendan6756, Oct 2, 2010 IP